The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Zerforax
Just put Agger or K.Toure in midfield :colondollar:

Agger at DM would allow for Sakho to play too at the back with Skrtel
Original post by Stirlo
Agger at DM would allow for Sakho to play too at the back with Skrtel

Both Agger and Lucas in midfield is too defensive imo. Possibly a 3-5-2 though, i dunno
Reply 82
I could imagine Agger being a disaster in midfield. His positional sense is pretty poor and he isn't exactly mobile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't play Agger in DM anyway, not a long side Lucas at least. If you had a Gerrard perhaps you could get away with it with him pushing on and Agger sitting deep.
This would be against relegation fodder though not Tottenham.
Reply 84
Tottenham starting XI: Friedel; Naughton, Capoue, Fryers, Rose; Dembele, Holtby; Lamela, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Soldado

Does that give us an indication of the starting XI for Sunday? Perhaps Defoe will start on Sunday..
Reply 85
Unless Soldado puts in a great performance Defoe will more then likely start which is disappointing. I'd much rather go up against Soldado.

Hopefully means Dembele won't play at the weekend, he has a habit of bossing us.
Reply 86
Original post by Deshi
Unless Soldado puts in a great performance Defoe will more then likely start which is disappointing. I'd much rather go up against Soldado.

Hopefully means Dembele won't play at the weekend, he has a habit of bossing us.

Defoe is the single most overrated finisher in history

why would you honestly be worried about him?
Reply 87
Original post by Babylid

Because he's quick. I have no doubt they'll get in behind more then once with Defoe and Lennon.
LFC 12/13 Season. In case anyone wants to watch it.
Original post by Deshi
Because he's quick. I have no doubt they'll get in behind more then once with Defoe and Lennon.

Can't exactly score either though tbf.
Reply 90
Original post by Babylid

This.

Defoe's such an hit and hope strike- which is the least efficient and frankly basic way of finishing.

Is it me or when a players stops playing games because he was injured or dropped, people suddenly start raving over and making them out to be something they're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 91
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/151107-brendan-on-gerrard-fitness-latest

Pretty much confirmed on what we know on Gerrard. Henderson should be fine for Sunday.
Reply 92
I like how Soldado suddenly finds form just before our game with Spurs. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Messy
I like how Soldado suddenly finds form just before our game with Spurs. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still needed the pen :lol:
I wouldn't call it form, nothing to worry about. The games is in just over 2 days from now anyway, will probs see Defoe.
Original post by Mr.Messy

Posted from TSR Mobile

He scored? How many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Entrepreneur123
He scored? How many?

Posted from TSR Mobile

a hat-trick.
Reply 96
Original post by Entrepreneur123
He scored? How many?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 :afraid:

Original post by So Instinct
Still needed the pen :lol:
I wouldn't call it form, nothing to worry about. The games is in just over 2 days from now anyway, will probs see Defoe.

Probably just a one off performance. :mmm:
Reply 97
Original post by The Assassin

lolwat

inb4 ban
Original post by Deshi
inb4 ban

2 blues and a H&R Strike ¬.¬
Reply 99
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-de-bruynes-agent-confirms-talks-with-chelsea-to-grant-transfer-9000755.html

I would be disappointed if we didn't at least try... but then again I'm not sure if its even worthwhile bidding as he seems destined to go abroad.

Latest