The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway 2014 Applicants

Haven't seen a thread for 2014 applicants yet, so let's get one going.
What are you hoping to study, where are you at on the application process, what are you looking forward to/worried about etc.

I'm applying to study Sociology & Criminology and I've just sent my application to my college who will hopefully send it off soon.

Can't wait!!

Scroll to see replies

Recently got an offer for English Q300 - first choice uni, elated!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah congratulations. Have you looked into accommodation or are you commuting?
Any hang ups or worries about the university itself?
Original post by MartinCB
Ah congratulations. Have you looked into accommodation or are you commuting?
Any hang ups or worries about the university itself?

I'll be living in halls of residence because I'm an international student and I think my first pick would be the KW residences :smile:

What about yourself?
Reply 4
I'll be in halls for convenience. Hopefully in either WB&T or Gower, but that's only if I receive an offer! Getting quite nervous now :frown:

Where are you from?
Reply 5
Original post by lovelybonesthe
I'll be living in halls of residence because I'm an international student and I think my first pick would be the KW residences :smile:

What about yourself?

Hey

I thought I'd join in the conversation, as I also got and offer and love the look of RHUL. I'll also definitely be living in halls, as a fellow international student. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

KW looked good to me too, though Runnymede was even prettier, in my book, the rooms at least and it's not as far away from the rest of the campus as KW is.
Original post by alittlehazy
Hey

I thought I'd join in the conversation, as I also got and offer and love the look of RHUL. I'll also definitely be living in halls, as a fellow international student. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

KW looked good to me too, though Runnymede was even prettier, in my book, the rooms at least and it's not as far away from the rest of the campus as KW is.

I'm from Vietnam! What did you get an offer for?
Have you visited the campus yet?
It's too bad Runnymeded isn't catered!
Reply 8
Original post by lovelybonesthe
I'm from Vietnam! What did you get an offer for?
Have you visited the campus yet?

I got an offer for English and Film studies. It says it's conditional but my only conditions are sending them a copy of my IELTS test and A level results, which I already have so...essentially unconditional :wink:

I haven't visited yet, no, but I think I'll try and go for one of the open days in March. Might wait until I have all my offers and see if any other open days coincide , time wise, so I can save a little on flight costs :smile:

yeah, I'd prefer living in self catering halls, though. Get to cook then and again, plus it's a bit cheaper :smile: especially seeing as I don't eat thaaaaaat much :P
Reply 9
I've applied to Royal Holloway to study psychology next year :smile: my college sent off my application on Tuesday. One worry I have (besides being rejected :frown: ) is that I'll be a lot older than my roommates as I will probably stay in the Halls, I'll be 21 when I start. I know that's a silly thing to worry about but I don't want to feel old ;__;

Which other universities have people applied to?
Original post by nagapies
I've applied to Royal Holloway to study psychology next year :smile: my college sent off my application on Tuesday. One worry I have (besides being rejected :frown: ) is that I'll be a lot older than my roommates as I will probably stay in the Halls, I'll be 21 when I start. I know that's a silly thing to worry about but I don't want to feel old ;__;

Which other universities have people applied to?

I completely understand your worries there. I'll be 20 when I start. But I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure no one will mind at all and loads of people take gap years after school. Personally, i'll try and get into one of the halls that house both undergrad and postgrad students (runnymede) so there's a bit more of a variety when it comes to ages :smile:

Also applied to brunel (unconditional offer), kcl, qmul and kingston. You? I got my rhul offer within a week btw. So let's hope you don't have to wait for too long:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by alittlehazy
I completely understand your worries there. I'll be 20 when I start. But I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure no one will mind at all and loads of people take gap years after school. Personally, i'll try and get into one of the halls that house both undergrad and postgrad students (runnymede) so there's a bit more of a variety when it comes to ages :smile:

Also applied to brunel (unconditional offer), kcl, qmul and kingston. You? I got my rhul offer within a week btw. So let's hope you don't have to wait for too long:smile:

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about this :smile: thanks, that sounds like a good idea!

Oh wow well done, congratulations for getting an unconditional from Brunel! I've applied to Roehampton, Goldsmiths, London Met and UEL. I recieved a conditional offer from Roehampton this morning but haven't heard from anywhere else (but is has only been two days :tongue: ) I'm really anxious to hear from rhul so hopefully I'll hear back soon :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by nagapies
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about this :smile: thanks, that sounds like a good idea!

Oh wow well done, congratulations for getting an unconditional from Brunel! I've applied to Roehampton, Goldsmiths, London Met and UEL. I recieved a conditional offer from Roehampton this morning but haven't heard from anywhere else (but is has only been two days :tongue: ) I'm really anxious to hear from rhul so hopefully I'll hear back soon :smile:

From what I've been reading on TSR RH tends to reply quite quickly; within about a week. So good luck, and don't panic just yet.
Hi! I've recently applied to RHUL for history it's a bit of a longshot for me but I was wondering if you guys received any emails stating whether they have received your application? I've received 2 from other universities stating that they were considering my application- just wondering if it is something I should be concerned about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by cocopopscastle
Hi! I've recently applied to RHUL for history it's a bit of a longshot for me but I was wondering if you guys received any emails stating whether they have received your application? I've received 2 from other universities stating that they were considering my application- just wondering if it is something I should be concerned about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received an email about a week after my ucas was sent off and haven't heard anything from them since then, that was nearly two weeks ago I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:
You should have received an email from us if we received your application. Do you have a hotmail account? Sometimes emails from us can end up the junk folder. If you want to PM me your UCAS number I can check to see we have received it :smile:
Laurel
Reply 16
Heyy :biggrin:

I've applied for 'Economics, Politics and International Relations' at Royal Holloway

and I've received an offer from them :biggrin:
I've applied for BSc Geography at Royal Holloway, and have an offer of ABB. Who else is doing Geography and who else is going to the applicant day for Geography students on the 29th of January? :smile:
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi :smile:
You should have received an email from us if we received your application. Do you have a hotmail account? Sometimes emails from us can end up the junk folder. If you want to PM me your UCAS number I can check to see we have received it :smile:
Laurel

Thank you!!! :smile: but I think I'll just have to wait it out until after Christmas! It's just odd how my other choices gave me responses so quickly-within 2-3 days of sending off my application! Just getting anxious I suppose!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you!!! :smile: but I think I'll just have to wait it out until after Christmas! It's just odd how my other choices gave me responses so quickly-within 2-3 days of sending off my application! Just getting anxious I suppose!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well these emails are automatic so you should have got one! If you want me to get it re-sent to you or find out if there were any problems in sending the emails out I can do :smile: Enjoy Christmas!!
Laurel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending