The Student Room Group

A2 History Coursework Chat

Hello all! Just thought I'd make this chat if anyone wants to talk about history coursework and get/ give any advice and ask any questions that they have.

So write down what stage your coursework is at, exam board and what the coursework is about and how your finding it - I think talking with others about coursework definitely relieves the stress of it, especially when you have multiple coursework pieces from different subjects to do! :smile:

And remember: don't let it stress you out! Easier said than done I'm sure, but it can be overwhelming at times and hopefully we can all support each other :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile: I'm doing the Russian Revolutions with OCR. I've completed the interpretations but I need to complete my second draft of investigations. Am I the only one who finds it hard to research a historian who puts forward a certain argument instead of a vague one?
Reply 2
I'm doing edexcel, Russia 1856-1964, the deadline is tomorrow, kill me. I have a very important question though I hope someone sees this: do quotes count towards the word count? I'm about 200 words over in both of them and I've already chopped so much out and clearly I have little time left!
Reply 3
Original post by kate3
I'm doing edexcel, Russia 1856-1964, the deadline is tomorrow, kill me. I have a very important question though I hope someone sees this: do quotes count towards the word count? I'm about 200 words over in both of them and I've already chopped so much out and clearly I have little time left!

Wow your deadline is pretty early! And sorry but I'm pretty sure that quotes are included in the word count! Oh you lucky thing, I'm quite curious to know about Russian history! I hope it all goes well, do let us know :smile:
Exam board: Edexcel
Period: Early modern
Spanish Golden Age

Done draft 1 of my part A, by it needs a lot of changes doing to it plus more sources!
Reply 5
Im doing china 1900-2000 on aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by bgirlgem
Im doing china 1900-2000 on aqa

<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>

Ooh interesting! How's that going for you? :smile:
I'm with Edexcel and doing Civil Rights 1865-1980. We've only covered the background of the topic and haven't actually started writing it :smile: hoping to get full marks so I can get an A* this year, though I can't see it being an easy task with the exam. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Its surpising interesting but hard to write
Reply 9
Original post by Lucy96
I'm with Edexcel and doing Civil Rights 1865-1980. We've only covered the background of the topic and haven't actually started writing it :smile: hoping to get full marks so I can get an A* this year, though I can't see it being an easy task with the exam. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a coincidence! I'm actually doing Civil Rights 1865-1992 for my exam lol (I'm on OCR) hope that goes well for you! I find that coursework usually goes better for me than exams so I'm hoping to use that to my advantage, hehe! I'm aiming for a high A *hopefully* so that I can get an A overall - here's hoping! :smile: What are you doing for the exam hun?
Original post by zahra_d
What a coincidence! I'm actually doing Civil Rights 1865-1992 for my exam lol (I'm on OCR) hope that goes well for you! I find that coursework usually goes better for me than exams so I'm hoping to use that to my advantage, hehe! I'm aiming for a high A *hopefully* so that I can get an A overall - here's hoping! :smile: What are you doing for the exam hun?

Oooh wow :biggrin: thank you very much, I hope yours does! Yeah, I'm exactly the same hehe :tongue: I'm sure you'll do it :biggrin: I'm doing "From Kaiser to Führer: Germany 1900-45" :h: it's really interesting and I absolutely love it, there's just SO much to learn, it's scary :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Lucy96
Oooh wow :biggrin: thank you very much, I hope yours does! Yeah, I'm exactly the same hehe :tongue: I'm sure you'll do it :biggrin: I'm doing "From Kaiser to Führer: Germany 1900-45" :h: it's really interesting and I absolutely love it, there's just SO much to learn, it's scary :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no worries lovely! Oh wow! I actually looked at that last year for the exam, I agree very interesting! Though we looked up to the 60's, yeah there's a lot to learn. We on the other hand have to look at a period of over 100 years for the CR paper and it terrifies me *shivers* so I've decided making all of my revision content now will serve me well!

History is actually my biggest worry out of my other subjects tbh, I just can't seem to get a good grade yet even though it's only the beginning of the year!
Hi, I'm with OCR doing about Napoleon. I've done two drafts of the interpretation section and am working on the investigation part which is due in next week and haven't actually started yet!! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate3

I'm doing the same! How did it go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by zahra_d
Wow your deadline is pretty early! And sorry but I'm pretty sure that quotes are included in the word count! Oh you lucky thing, I'm quite curious to know about Russian history! I hope it all goes well, do let us know :smile:

yeah it was early but to be fair we've been doing it for a term now, I don't think I could handle it if it was pushed over Christmas too :tongue: I managed to get rid of about 600 words on one and 400 on another but it was the hardest thing to do, I felt like I was chopping my whole argument out. It's over now though (just need to print off a few things again after realising right after I walked out of school I had mistakes on the bibliography etc!).
Honestly I think Russian history is very interesting, I just wouldn't care if I never heard of the 1917 revolutions again in my life :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
I'm doing the same! How did it go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

much harder than I expected, especially starting it, but in the end I am hoping it will be fine. I never want to think about it again haha.
I'm on OCR and I'm doing America's involvement in Vietnam! It is absolutely fascinating and I love it as a subject!
I've only done interpretations so far. At first, I found it really difficult but I cracked it by the end.
Starting investigation when I go back after Christmas. :smile:
Can someone please please please help me with my coursework. I feel like I am going to shoot myself. I've got to do a 2000 word essay on what factors changed Russia in the years of 1855-1964. I'm going to talk about 'war' and the 'role of individuals', but I can't think of anything else that I can talk a lot about. I only need 3 main points.
I was thinking that my third can be 'opposition to the government', but I feel like that links into to war quite a lot. So if anyone else has any other ideas, that would be great!
Original post by euphrosyne
Can someone please please please help me with my coursework. I feel like I am going to shoot myself. I've got to do a 2000 word essay on what factors changed Russia in the years of 1855-1964. I'm going to talk about 'war' and the 'role of individuals', but I can't think of anything else that I can talk a lot about. I only need 3 main points.
I was thinking that my third can be 'opposition to the government', but I feel like that links into to war quite a lot. So if anyone else has any other ideas, that would be great!

I think I'm doing the same thing? Are you on Edexcel?

I'm doing my first part of my coursework on Russia 1917-1922 atm, and then after Christmas I'm going to start the second piece which is about what changed Russia between 1855-1964 (I think those are the dates anyway) Haven't even looked at it yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
I think I'm doing the same thing? Are you on Edexcel?

I'm doing my first part of my coursework on Russia 1917-1922 atm, and then after Christmas I'm going to start the second piece which is about what changed Russia between 1855-1964 (I think those are the dates anyway) Haven't even looked at it yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I am, it's doing my head in.

Nah, my teacher is a bitch and decided to give us Part b, the harder part of the two, to do over the holiday. It's due in on Monday and I feel like dying. I'm not even sure how to start :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending