The Student Room Group

Sixth form results- Waiting List?

If you're put on the waiting list for a sixth form, how likely is it that you'll actually get in? I was just rejected from my first choice and put on the waiting list. So yeah, how likely is it?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bump:
Reply 2
well if you're on a waiting list it means that your place possibly depends on your gcse grades at the end of the year
Reply 3
Original post by u_lovelife
well if you're on a waiting list it means that your place possibly depends on your gcse grades at the end of the year

Ah, right. It's just that they told me they'd let me know by Jan 6th, so maybe not? I don't know? :confused:
Reply 4
yeah maybe you'll get an interview or something?
Reply 5
Original post by u_lovelife
yeah maybe you'll get an interview or something?

I've already had an interview :tongue: They've done all the interviews and offered all the places to people they want to accept. So now I'm stuck on the waiting list
Depends on how popular the school is. If it's quite a popular school with lots of candidates applying the unlikely. I was put on a waiting list for one sixth form and never heard back from them regarding the place so I went elsewhere. Then again, there were over 700 applicants that year for around 200 places.
Reply 7
Original post by smozsolution
Depends on how popular the school is. If it's quite a popular school with lots of candidates applying the unlikely. I was put on a waiting list for one sixth form and never heard back from them regarding the place so I went elsewhere. Then again, there were over 700 applicants that year for around 200 places.

For this one, it's about 150 applicants for 50 places. Is that really unlikely then? :frown:
Original post by suzylemonade
For this one, it's about 150 applicants for 50 places. Is that really unlikely then? :frown:

It depends on your predictions and how popular the subjects you've chosen are. Don't lose hope though! I was really upset about being put on the waiting list for one school but I'm so happy at my current school that I can't really complain.
Reply 9
It depends on your predictions and how popular the subjects you've chosen are. Don't lose hope though! I was really upset about being put on the waiting list for one school but I'm so happy at my current school that I can't really complain.

I'm the typical triple science, double maths candidate so yeah, I guess it's unlikely. Ah, well :frown:
Hmm, really? That makes me feel slightly better about the whole thing, thanks :smile: I got offers from two other schools, so maybe I'll be happier there?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm the typical triple science, double maths candidate so yeah, I guess it's unlikely. Ah, well :frown:
Hmm, really? That makes me feel slightly better about the whole thing, thanks :smile: I got offers from two other schools, so maybe I'll be happier there?

You never know though, people may decide to go elsewhere and you'll get a place. Just stay realistic about the whole thing and focus on the fact you've still got two other places to go :smile:

Yeah, I was really nervous to start year 12 at a new sixth form as few of my friends from my old school were going but I've made some amazing friends. It's alright because everyone is in the same boat and people generally are a lot more maturer at sixth form.
You never know though, people may decide to go elsewhere and you'll get a place. Just stay realistic about the whole thing and focus on the fact you've still got two other places to go :smile:

Yeah, I was really nervous to start year 12 at a new sixth form as few of my friends from my old school were going but I've made some amazing friends. It's alright because everyone is in the same boat and people generally are a lot more maturer at sixth form.

That is true, I didn't really think about that. And yeah, I will, thanks :smile:

Yeah, I'm really excited for sixth form! It sounds like it's going to be amazing :biggrin:
That is true, I didn't really think about that. And yeah, I will, thanks :smile:

Yeah, I'm really excited for sixth form! It sounds like it's going to be amazing :biggrin:

Yeah, sixth form is great if you meet the right people :smile:

You said you were doing sciences and maths, right? I do biology and chemistry so feel free to PM me for any help/information on these subjects too.
Yeah, sixth form is great if you meet the right people :smile:

You said you were doing sciences and maths, right? I do biology and chemistry so feel free to PM me for any help/information on these subjects too.

Oh, really? What happens if you meet the wrong people? :tongue:

Ooh, awesome :biggrin: Just one question- on a scale of 1-10, how hard is Chemistry?
Oh, really? What happens if you meet the wrong people? :tongue:

Ooh, awesome :biggrin: Just one question- on a scale of 1-10, how hard is Chemistry?

Pretend they don't exist :tongue:

About an 7/8 if you enjoy chemistry. It's my best subject at the moment, I've recently just got an A in my unit 1 mock :smile: If you keep on top of what you're learning, make sure you learn the basics and practice questions then you'll be fine. I actually find biology much harder as there's so much content to learn!
Pretend they don't exist :tongue:

About an 7/8 if you enjoy chemistry. It's my best subject at the moment, I've recently just got an A in my unit 1 mock :smile: If you keep on top of what you're learning, make sure you learn the basics and practice questions then you'll be fine. I actually find biology much harder as there's so much content to learn!

Oh, wow, that's really good! :biggrin: And thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Uggh, yeah, I've heard that Biology is 75% memorisation D:
Oh, wow, that's really good! :biggrin: And thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Uggh, yeah, I've heard that Biology is 75% memorisation D:

Biology is essentially like learning a whole new language! :tongue:
Biology is essentially like learning a whole new language! :tongue:

Oh, wow. That sounds like a lot of hard work D:
Oh, wow. That sounds like a lot of hard work D:

In all honesty, all A Levels are a lot of hard work. The trick is managing your time, starting early and asking for help when you need it. By no means are they easy but it's certainly manageable!
In all honesty, all A Levels are a lot of hard work. The trick is managing your time, starting early and asking for help when you need it. By no means are they easy but it's certainly manageable!

Ah, okay :smile: They sound fun in a hard way! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending