The Student Room Group

Where can 5 girls go on a student holiday?

So me and 4 of my friends, all 18 by summer 2014, want to go on aholiday but dont want the standard week of clubbing! We can't go inter-railing as we don't have the time! So just a week!

Don't get me wrong, we love to party, but also want somewhere with things to do and see aswell! ..nice restaurants, bit of culture, preferably a bit of Sun!

Does anyone have any suggestions? What holidays have you been on as a student, anywhere you'd recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Scunthorpe
Reply 2
Original post by euphrosyne
Paris! Or New York? They're pretty expensive but worth it :love:

I've been to paris twice before, I looove the place, but maybe a little bit pricey...new York is the stuff of dreams, definitely over budget going there!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My bedroom- for a whale of a time:wink:

geddit!?
Marmaris in Turkey!! Have a google, it's perfect for you. I can't wait to go back.
Morocco
Reply 6
Original post by Voltozonic
You're looking to go next summer ?

Are you looking for a beach type holiday as such ?

Beach would be nice:smile: but priorities are lots of things to do during the day AND night..not just endless clubs! Thinking budget per person will be about £500-800?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Whitey10
So me and 4 of my friends, all 18 by summer 2014, want to go on aholiday but dont want the standard week of clubbing! We can't go inter-railing as we don't have the time! So just a week!

Don't get me wrong, we love to party, but also want somewhere with things to do and see aswell! ..nice restaurants, bit of culture, preferably a bit of Sun!

Does anyone have any suggestions? What holidays have you been on as a student, anywhere you'd recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

IRAN?
Nice in the south of France or nearby Antibes may offer the kind of holiday you are looking for. Sunny with beaches, possibly camping options near Antibes. Plenty of things to do and visit, such as Monaco, the Musee Chagall in Nice, the market in Antibes, for example.
Reply 9
My house. :holmes:
Butlins - Seriously, it is a lot of fun if you go with a big group
Reply 11
Original post by JennaEmBee
Marmaris in Turkey!! Have a google, it's perfect for you. I can't wait to go back.

Thank you! I'll have a look! :smile: As you've been before, any particular highlights or attractions? Must-see places or bars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great Yarmouth.
Malaga is actually pretty amazing. Lots of things to do and not solely focused on partying. + the surrounding area offer great places to discover and have a good time. Personally I love Spain cause there is always stuff going on. During the day and at night as well. Also, and this is definitely on the plus side, Spain is fairly cheap. Drinks AND shopping wise!
Anyways, hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I'll have a look! :smile: As you've been before, any particular highlights or attractions? Must-see places or bars?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the restaurants and bars on the beach strip are so much fun! I've never had steak like that in my life and the food is so cheap!! The best day was a boat trip booked with 'uncle john' (books really cheap excursions, hes very well known. It was called Mega Diana, there are 60 sunbeds on the boat so its never packed, everyone has a bed. The guys come around with drinks amd food every ten minutes its crazy. Play good music too. They stop at these amazimg islands to jump off and swim and you stop for an hour in this beautiful shopping village. I cant believe how much free food and drinks we had! Saved so much momey that day haha. Best day ever I am buzzing to go back!

The jeep safari was amazing too everyone has a water gun and there are 7 or 8 jeeps having one almighty water fight cross country!
Reply 15
New York is the stuff of dreams, definitely over budget going there!! :wink:

Beach would be nice:smile: but priorities are lots of things to do during the day AND night..not just endless clubs! Thinking budget per person will be about £500-800?

I went to New York and a couple of other cities in the States over two weeks with about £1000, that's including flight and accommodation. I'm a pro at holidaying on a budget :cool:

What about Amsterdam? I live just outside of it and it's an awesome city. Plenty of culture and interesting things to do during the day, and the nightlife is good too. There's also beaches not too far away if you really wanted to go to one, maybe 20 minutes by train. It'd be well within your budget, you can get a return flight for between £50-£100.
(edited 10 years ago)
My house you lovely creatures.
My bed.
Original post by euphrosyne
Paris! Or New York? They're pretty expensive but worth it :love:

They said student, working class families struggle to afford the prices on N.Y.C :smile:
Malaya or Zante or something :rolleyes:
You could do a bit of inter railing in a week :tongue:

Failing that, Prague?

Quick Reply

Latest