The Student Room Group

TSR Darts Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Nicholson is so frustrating to watch. Back when he did all his silly antics he was entertaining and a very good player, whereas now he's neither so I can't say I'm disappointed to see him go out
Webster got through in the end in a game of missed doubles, Wayne Jones put up a good fight only to lose to Dean Winstanley, although another first round exit might spell the end of Wayne Jones' professional career. Now we got the Artist Kevin Painter.
Barney kicks his campaign off tonight against Roby-John Rodriguez. Potential banana skin there. Three years ago Barney went out 3-0 in the first round.
Really depends what Barney turns up tonight, meanwhile seems Jamie Caven is struggling in this game.
Am I the only one who wouldn't be overly surprised if Webster beat Taylor?
I wouldn't be surprise, I don't think Taylor is completely with it
Sensational darts.
Suljovic is throwing well against Michael Smith.
Terrible first set between Van Der Voort and Henderson, EDIT: in the end Van Der Voort gets through on a tie break after one point being behind.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rock Fan
Suljovic is throwing well against Michael Smith.

Smith's got such a weird head.

It's really narrow on top, but really wide on the bottom. Like a balloon filled with water.
Well played Max Hopp!

Posted from TSR Mobile
He made some mistakes but he came good at the right time, feel a little bit sorry for Mervyn King there he did have a bad back problem. Adrian Lewis is also through after beating newcomer Pallett although Pallett did take out a 161.
Original post by Rock Fan
He made some mistakes but he came good at the right time, feel a little bit sorry for Mervyn King there he did have a bad back problem. Adrian Lewis is also through after beating newcomer Pallett although Pallett did take out a 161.

On mute in pub so was unaware of Kings injury. Got to be said he's had a few humdingers here recently. A couple of times I thought that King's experience would carry him through particularly when he had darts for 1-0 and 2-1, and when King levelled at 3-3 in the tiebreak

With one game to go (with the winner to face Wade) which second round matches are people looking forward to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
Original post by Matthew_Lowson

With one game to go (with the winner to face Wade) which second round matches are people looking forward to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thornton/ Baxter should be a quality match from the old school, no nonsense players.
Gary Anderson/ Klaasen
Taylor/ Webster, if Webster plays to his maximum he could definitely win this.
Barney/ Caven.

Also, Max Hopp was mightily impressive tonight- massive chance of reaching the QFs with his current draw. Just needs to get past an out of sorts Van der Voort then either Winstanley or Darren Webster. Huge chance for the lad, hope he does it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anderson vs Klaasen & Wade vs Bunting (hopefully)
Think we're in for a great second round with a number of games hard to call.

I think the best game will be Wade against Bunting and it'd not be a shock if Bunting won that one. Wade famously lost in the second round a few years ago to Suljovic.

Webster has beaten Taylor at Ally Pally so won't be fearful of taking him on either.

What about Huybrechts beating Wright, would that be a major shock? It's interesting to see how players newer to the format adjust to the longer games - where going 2-0 down isn't as crucial or going 2-0 up as bigger an advantage as was before

Here is the order of play for round two

Saturday December 27
Afternoon Session
12.40pm Robert Thornton v Ronnie Baxter
2.15pm Terry Jenkins v Laurence Ryder
3.45pm Peter Wright v Ronny Huybrechts

Evening Session
7.10pm Dave Chisnall v Benito van de Pas
8.40pm Michael van Gerwen v Sascha Stein
10.15pm Gary Anderson v Jelle Klaasen

Sunday December 28
Afternoon Session
12.40pm Andy Hamilton v Kyle Anderson
2.15pm Cristo Reyes v Kevin Painter
3.45pm Ian White v Kim Huybrechts

Evening Session
7.10pm Darren Webster v Dean Winstanley
8.40pm Phil Taylor v Mark Webster
10.15pm Adrian Lewis v Keegan Brown

Monday December 29
Afternoon Session
12.40pm Brendan Dolan v Michael Smith
2.15pm Max Hopp v Vincent van der Voort
3.45pm Raymond van Barneveld v Jamie Caven

Evening Session
7.10pm James Wade v Stephen Bunting

Third Round
8.40pm van Gerwen/Stein v Jenkins/Ryder
10.15pm Chisnall/van de Pas v Thornton/Baxter
No darts today or tomorrow. Depressing.
Back to business tomorrow with four more days of action before the break for New Year. Then its evening sessions all the way with two quarter-finals on Thursday and Friday, the Semi-Finals on the Saturday before Sunday's final.

Any tips for surprise results? Webster as we said can beat Taylor if he's not on form. Huybrechts to beat Wright maybe or Bunting to shock Wade?
Back to business tomorrow with four more days of action before the break for New Year. Then its evening sessions all the way with two quarter-finals on Thursday and Friday, the Semi-Finals on the Saturday before Sunday's final.

Any tips for surprise results? Webster as we said can beat Taylor if he's not on form. Huybrechts to beat Wright maybe or Bunting to shock Wade?

Wright will fall before the semi's imo.
wade v bunting will be a superb match - don't let buntings ranking fool you, he would be far higher up if hed had 2 years in the PDC like the rest of them in the rankings. having said that when I last saw wade he looked excellent, so I still back him to win

the other perhaps less exciting one to look at as a shock is kyle Anderson and andy Hamilton - Hamilton not been on good form for a while now and Anderson can be very good, just inconsistent.

Quick Reply

Latest