The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Interview-Chem Eng(Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year) HELP

Hey guys

I have an interview for manchester coming up soon, and its my first one.
I've applied for Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year so when I pass that year I can move onto a chemical engineering course, with my PS being based around chem eng

Just wondering what questions can I be expected to answer?
Will there be any theoretical questions or will it all be reference/PS related ?

I was also told I would have to sit a small maths test, any ideas into what this might include ?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please help
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
i have just received a letter asking me to attend an interview also, mine is for the Science with integrated foundation year, I'm looking to study Physics with Astrophysics. I also got told ill be sitting a mathematics test as well. Any tips or advice from anybody would be great!
Reply 3
I have also received a letter from Manchester Uni for Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year. The letter stated that I have to call to book an appointment for an interview, nothing about a Maths test.
Reply 4
I know, mine never mentioned a maths test either, but i rang up this morning to book my interview and asked about it. He told me that there is one and he will send me an email with some more information about what will be on the test.
Reply 5
Original post by Deanog1990
I know, mine never mentioned a maths test either, but i rang up this morning to book my interview and asked about it. He told me that there is one and he will send me an email with some more information about what will be on the test.

Alright, thanks man. Im gonna call soon
Reply 6

What date is your interview? Just wondering whether its gonna be this year or early 2014
Reply 7
My interview is the 9th of January at 10:30. I'm pretty excited but at the same time I'm terrified haha. I just don't want to be asked some crazy hard physics questions and I look like a tool haha.

They still haven't emailed back, but my physics teacher at college said the questions will most likely consist of; functions, completing the square, quadratics and some classical mechanics questions with maybe one integration question just to see how much we know. But I've seen past forums saying that they only got like 50% right and still got offered a place. So I wouldn't worry to much, I'm just going to do some revision over Christmas, especially on physics to try and remember as much as I possibly can off the top of my head.
Reply 8
Right I've just recieved an email regarding the maths test, it's ridiculously easy. It's at a gcse level and consists of;
1 x Definition
2 x Algebra
1 x Lateral Thinking

So it's only 4 questions
Reply 9
Right I've just recieved an email regarding the maths test, it's ridiculously easy. It's at a gcse level and consists of;
1 x Definition
2 x Algebra
1 x Lateral Thinking

So it's only 4 questions

Appreciate it man, you helped me out
Reply 10
1 x Definition
2 x Algebra
1 x Lateral Thinking

So it's only 4 questions

So other than that it wont have any A-level further maths or A2 chem or physics ?
Really ?
Reply 11
I have my interview tomorrow and I am sooo nervous! Does anyone know what type of questions they will ask? And is it really formal? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smile:
Reply 12
Hey, so what was the maths test like? I've got my interview on the 29th, bricking it!
Original post by RomekP
I have my interview tomorrow and I am sooo nervous! Does anyone know what type of questions they will ask? And is it really formal? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smile:

Was your interview for chem eng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
How did the interviews go?
Reply 15
Interview went great, I was offered a place :smile: I basically had to answer a few questions about Chem eng, and then was meant to do a maths test, but I didn't cause Im amazing :wink: Then got a quick tour. If you have any questions message me!
Reply 16
Original post by RomekP
Interview went great, I was offered a place :smile: I basically had to answer a few questions about Chem eng, and then was meant to do a maths test, but I didn't cause Im amazing :wink: Then got a quick tour. If you have any questions message me!

Congrats
I went to the interview, it went well. Maths test was piss. Got an offer a couple days after, BBB. Hopefully I'll be doing mech eng after the foundation year
Are you an international student?
Reply 17
Applied for a foundation year but for Mathematics...How long did it take for them to get back to you with an interview after applying?
Reply 18
Original post by Qtj987
Applied for a foundation year but for Mathematics...How long did it take for them to get back to you with an interview after applying?

Interview was on Thursday, got the offer first thing on Monday
Reply 19
Original post by Dovahkinn
Congrats
I went to the interview, it went well. Maths test was piss. Got an offer a couple days after, BBB. Hopefully I'll be doing mech eng after the foundation year
Are you an international student?

No I'm not an international student student. I also received my offer at the interview, and I got the ucas stuff through the next day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending