The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Interview-Chem Eng(Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year) HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yusuf Islam
Are you going Manchester to do a Foundation or a BEng?

This may seem really bizzare, but its for a foundation :s-smilie:, I got offers from Loughborough, Nottingham and L'pool for a BEng, but didn't think I'd get the Mcr BEng so I applied for the foundation yr and got an offer. I spoke to the admissions tutor, and If I get AAB (which I'm on track for) they'll let me on to the BEng
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Incubator
This may seem really bizzare, but its for a foundation :s-smilie:, I got offers from Loughborough, Nottingham and L'pool for a BEng, but didn't think I'd get the Mcr BEng so I applied for the foundation yr and got an offer. I spoke to the admissions tutor, and If I get AAB (which I'm on track for) they'll let me on to the BEng

If I was you, I would have gone for either Nottingham or Loughborough. They both have high rankings on the tables, Manchester is quite low compared to them
If I was you, I would have gone for either Nottingham or Loughborough. They both have high rankings on the tables, Manchester is quite low compared to them

That depends on which course you're talking about. Manchester was also recently ranked 50th in the World (8th in the UK) according to reputation, much higher than both Nottingham and Loughborough. In any case, there's not much of a difference between the three generally speaking, rankings are relatively meaningless when you compare universities at this sort of level.

EDIT: Actually, Nottingham and Loughborough weren't even included in those rankings.
(edited 9 years ago)

Well I want to do Civil Engineering and Manchester has a pretty good reputation. I also really like Manchester.

On an international basis, Manchester has a much better reputation, and I want to move abroad in the future.
Original post by Incubator
Well I want to do Civil Engineering and Manchester has a pretty good reputation. I also really like Manchester.

On an international basis, Manchester has a much better reputation, and I want to move abroad in the future.

Oh, that makes sense then :smile:
Reply 245
Hi guys, just wondering whether anyones going to the interview at manchester on wednesday next week?? Apparently theres a physics/maths assessment, does anyone know what kind of stuff will be on it?
Original post by mcc101
Hi guys, just wondering whether anyones going to the interview at manchester on wednesday next week?? Apparently theres a physics/maths assessment, does anyone know what kind of stuff will be on it?

I had my interview a few months back. The test is super simple, like GCSE questions with a few A Level questions, you honestly won't even need to revise for it if you're already studying A Level Maths
Original post by mcc101

Just basic maths and physics questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 248
Hay guys i have received an letter to attend an interview after one week,I've applied for Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year. Actually I'm so terrified and I don't how it will be. If anyone knows any thing about the Interview at the University of Manchester and can help me I will be very appreciate that.
Original post by Waref
Hay guys i have received an letter to attend an interview after one week,I've applied for Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year. Actually I'm so terrified and I don't how it will be. If anyone knows any thing about the Interview at the University of Manchester and can help me I will be very appreciate that.

It's an informal chat... they just ask general questions and about your personal statement so make sure you know everything that you've written

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 250
I had my interview a few months back. The test is super simple, like GCSE questions with a few A Level questions, you honestly won't even need to revise for it if you're already studying A Level Maths

Ah ok thankyou! Do you know what kind of physics questions there are though, as in should I revise some equations or something because I haven't done it since GCSE?
Reply 251
Ohh thank you very much for your reply, they told me there will be a light lunch do you know any thing about that!
so are you studying at Manchester University
Reply 252
Thanks a lot for your reply you make me a little confidence now! They told me there will be a light lunch do you know any thing any thing about it, and most of students told me that they will exam me with Math or Physics is that right!! If so what questions they will ask in what field i mean
So are you studying at Manchester University
Reply 253
Hey guys, today I have received an email from the admission at the uni of Manchester. The email says we would like to invite you to attend an interview from 10.30, they said there will be a presentation from the manger dirctor of the foundation studies and after that will be math,physics, chemistry assessment, then will be a light lunch after the lunch will be an individual interview.
actually I'm so terrified of it so if anyone knows any thing about please let me know and i will be appreciated that
thanks all
regarding
Hi, seeing as you've all had your interviews, I was just wondering what it was like:

- What do they ask in the actual interview?
- What is the academic assessment about? Eg how much GCSE/A level physics, maths and chemistry knowledge do you require?

Thank you
Anyone here did the C3 and C4 AQA paper? Jesus fck1ng christ that was well awful.
Original post by hs1var19
Anyone here did the C3 and C4 AQA paper? Jesus fck1ng christ that was well awful.

I did the WJEC paper and that has totally ruined my chances of getting an A in Maths! So I actually doubt I'll get into Manchester tbh lol
Does anyone do ocr chem?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same!! I need 3 bs. I just hope they aren't that strict when it comes results day
I do chem but for aqa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending