The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Interview-Chem Eng(Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year) HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peter_jay
hmmmmm, well am getting in :wink:

errr i was interviewed by the scary woman tho

I had the one who gave the presentation

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Yusuf Islam
I was lol Who were you then? Haha
I forgot all the names of all the people that were there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tut tut

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh thought so. Well let us know when they get back to you. Hopefully we all get to see each other again in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peter_jay
I was the dark skinned guy :smile:

I thought you were the other guy... can't believe I thought you worked there :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you were the Asian girl with the glasses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just wondering if I saw any of you guys today? Hahaha

I think you did... saw you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you were the Asian girl with the glasses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh thought so. Well let us know when they get back to you. Hopefully we all get to see each other again in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so... Really wanna go manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know me too! But I always thought I'd have no chance of getting into there haha That's before I found out they had foundation years
I know me too! But I always thought I'd have no chance of getting into there haha That's before I found out they had foundation years

Ahahaha lol where else have you applied and it's for mechanical engineering right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liverpool John Moore's, Aston, Leicester and Huddersfield. I got all my offers but Aston declined me. If only I kept Physics on lol Yes Mechanical Engineering. Wbu? And what places have you applied too?
Liverpool John Moore's, Aston, Leicester and Huddersfield. I got all my offers but Aston declined me. If only I kept Physics on lol Yes Mechanical Engineering. Wbu? And what places have you applied too?

Cool... I did work experience at bae in mechanical engineering but didn't really enjoy it... Lancaster uclan and Bradford and got offers for all three

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ammaarah01
Cool... I did work experience at bae in mechanical engineering but didn't really enjoy it... Lancaster uclan and Bradford and got offers for all three

Posted from TSR Mobile

How the hell did you find work experience?? I was trying to find some but they were all down south, like 4-5 hours away lol Cool. What course you applying for again?
How the hell did you find work experience?? I was trying to find some but they were all down south, like 4-5 hours away lol Cool. What course you applying for again?

My dad works at bae and they have a work experience program in salmesbury near Preston and chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dad works at bae and they have a work experience program in salmesbury near Preston and chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, I couldn't find any at the time when I looked. And cool :smile:
The test was alright... Multiple choice and the questions were basic GCSE standard

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's good to hear, well done!!

what were the topics on the test?
what A level subjects are you doing/have you done?

Original post by woffletoffle

For maths is was stuff like powers, simultaneous equations, finding value of x and trig
Physics was about Gravity, acceleration speed and equations like that
Chem was about electronic configuration, naming structures... can't remember what else though

I'm doing chem ict and english lit and did as maths but dropped it
What subjects are you doing? What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asking for a friend because he's too scared to come on here, he's applying for mech. engineering hopefully and is worried that the test will include A-level maths/physics as that's what he did at A level.

Thanks for the reply!! :ahee::ahee::ahee:
Asking for a friend because he's too scared to come on here, he's applying for mech. engineering hopefully and is worried that the test will include A-level maths/physics as that's what he did at A level.

Thanks for the reply!! :ahee::ahee::ahee:

Lmao... quite a few people were applying for that and there's no need to worry... I don't do physics at a level and found it alright so I'm sure it'll be a breeze for your friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh, I couldn't find any at the time when I looked. And cool :smile:

I got the offer :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending