The Student Room Group

Btec and A levels.

I moved to the UK with my family a few weeks back and I since was not familiar with the education system here, I got enrolled in Btec Level 2 in Applied Science. I wanted to get into A level but could not since I am 19 (turning 20 next September). I want to know what are my future options with Btec and is there any way I can do A levels or should I continue with Btec? I want to get into university and pursue higher studies.
With the career field do you aspire to go further into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
which career***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Is it possible to have a BTEC Level 3 in Business and Accounting and go to Uni and do a degree with a different field?
Original post by Y786
Is it possible to have a BTEC Level 3 in Business and Accounting and go to Uni and do a degree with a different field?

What degree do you want to study in uni? Whatever you study in college usually should have relevance to the degree you study in uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Something in Science, if got e.g I wanted to Pharmacy, could I do Pharmaceutical Science with a BTEC in Applied Science, then do well in 1st year and transfer to Pharmacy?
Reply 6
I did btec science level 2 and got Distinction star then transferred to a level. its really hard but somehow i was lucky enough to get in. a level is way harder compare to btec but more knowledgeable. in a level u learn things and understand them properly whereas in btec most of the people copy and past or paraphrase the sentences. Most of the universities want a level chemistry at grade B for pharmacy but one of my friend who only got btec level 3 and didnt do chemistry a level got into birghton for pharmacy so its not impossible. My friend got D*DD in btec. but to be on the safe side i would suggest you to do chemistry a level alongside btec level 3 if you cant get into a level. its really hard to transfer from pharmaceutical to pharmacy because they only accept small number of students.
Reply 7
for pharmacy they only accept science related courses and alevel chemistry being compulsory if you doing a levels. its impossible to get into pharmacy if you have done btec business or accountancy.
^what he said XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by aahliahatake
^what he said XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

:s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by pharmaboy
I did btec science level 2 and got Distinction star then transferred to a level. its really hard but somehow i was lucky enough to get in. a level is way harder compare to btec but more knowledgeable. in a level u learn things and understand them properly whereas in btec most of the people copy and past or paraphrase the sentences. Most of the universities want a level chemistry at grade B for pharmacy but one of my friend who only got btec level 3 and didnt do chemistry a level got into birghton for pharmacy so its not impossible. My friend got D*DD in btec. but to be on the safe side i would suggest you to do chemistry a level alongside btec level 3 if you cant get into a level. its really hard to transfer from pharmaceutical to pharmacy because they only accept small number of students.

So you just did 3 Alevels and got into pharmacy? Also what uni are you at?
Reply 11
Original post by Y786
So you just did 3 Alevels and got into pharmacy? Also what uni are you at?

yeh i studied A level Biology,chemistry and maths. i am studying pharmacy at university of Wolverhampton.
Reply 12
What grades did you get if you don't mind me asking
Reply 13
Original post by Y786
What grades did you get if you don't mind me asking

BCC
Reply 14
I assumed that you needed to get BBB...?
Reply 15
Original post by Y786
I assumed that you needed to get BBB...?

Yeah it was a purely luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest