The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just take each stage one at a time. Understand the light dependent stage fully and then the Calvin Cycle. Break each into bullet points and then once you get it, rewrite it so it sticks in your mind.
Reply 81
Original post by kited4
Close yeah I got 295/300
And then this year on my coursework 39/40 which is 58 UMS

What would you guys think an A* in the F216 module would be?
I'm on 38/40 provisionally, and so do you think it'll be that or harder to judge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ché.
What would you guys think an A* in the F216 module would be?
I'm on 38/40 provisionally, and so do you think it'll be that or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

38/40 was the boundary for 90% UMS last year, so it'll either be that again or very close :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by LeJennifleur
38/40 was the boundary for 90% UMS last year, so it'll either be that again or very close :smile:

Oooooo, thanks!
I assumed so, but there's no harm asking I guess...

How's F214 and F215 for you? :biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ché.
Oooooo, thanks!
I assumed so, but there's no harm asking I guess...

How's F214 and F215 for you? :biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine! :biggrin: Well, I think F214 is my favourite out of all the A Level units, finding F215 a lot harder though! That and I hate plants/ecology with a passion :tongue: At least the grade boundaries for F215 are a bit more forgiving though...how are you finding them?
Reply 85
Original post by LeJennifleur
That's fine! :biggrin: Well, I think F214 is my favourite out of all the A Level units, finding F215 a lot harder though! That and I hate plants/ecology with a passion :tongue: At least the grade boundaries for F215 are a bit more forgiving though...how are you finding them?

I would definitely agree with that...
I'm enjoyed F214 much more than my current progress with F215 independently; my first mock was an A (via masses of luck) so I'm just working for the "*" I guess...

Coursework?
Perfect this year; I was kind of aiming for full marks but hey... You cannot have it perfect every time.
An A* is great enough with the close, close boundaries as they are! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Gotzz
Nope, I got 278/300 at AS, which means I need 67% this year. (202/300)

How do you know what UMS your coursework will be? I got 39/40 too.

Last year I got 39/40 and got 58UMS/60
So my class did the jun 13 f214 as a mock and we all did pretty badly!! I got a B but i really need an A for f214
The markscheme was so horribly tight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by kited4
Last year I got 39/40 and got 58UMS/60

Oh that's great! Of course the boundaries could be different as it's A2, plus they can change year to year, but it's good to know roughly what to expect. Well done by the way, I did much worse last year :colondollar:
Reply 89
Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha
So my class did the jun 13 f214 as a mock and we all did pretty badly!! I got a B but i really need an A for f214
The markscheme was so horribly tight

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did that one in January and did the Jan 13 paper as another mock recently. I must admit, the mark scheme was quite mean :tongue:
Hahaha screw F216 and F213. I've gotten max UMS in the F214 mock but only 32/40 on both courseworks. Just have to work extra hard on the written papers to get that A* I suppose.
Original post by spleenharvester
Hahaha screw F216 and F213. I've gotten max UMS in the F214 mock but only 32/40 on both courseworks. Just have to work extra hard on the written papers to get that A* I suppose.

Did your teacher drop you any hints in the coursework?
Reply 92
I think the coursework is something that really needs to be more standardized, as I know for a fact that different schools give students different amounts of information regarding the different questions on the coursework...
Original post by MarkProbio
Did your teacher drop you any hints in the coursework?

Aye not really, same for all subjects at my school.

Wish it was a longer one like you get on the B specifications, like OCR Salters. I got 44/45 on that writeup, whereas I've always done terribly at the Eval/Qual/Quant courseworks, which imo are mostly guesswork/how much your teacher tells you.
Original post by spleenharvester
Aye not really, same for all subjects at my school.

Wish it was a longer one like you get on the B specifications, like OCR Salters. I got 44/45 on that writeup, whereas I've always done terribly at the Eval/Qual/Quant courseworks, which imo are mostly guesswork/how much your teacher tells you.

Unlucky I guess. Its stupid that how well you do is based on how much your teacher tells you. They need to change it in my opinion.
Reply 95
Original post by MarkProbio
Unlucky I guess. Its stupid that how well you do is based on how much your teacher tells you. They need to change it in my opinion.

Yes! In my school our teachers do tell us quite a lot, but then my friend in another school 5 minutes down the road only gets told the title of the task :confused: not good really
Reply 96
Original post by kited4
Yes! In my school our teachers do tell us quite a lot, but then my friend in another school 5 minutes down the road only gets told the title of the task :confused: not good really

I reckon the examiners somehow to an extent, judge what your examination modules say, and then relate that to the coursework module you'll receive...
I have a sneaky feeling but I'm probably wrong... 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Much prefer F214, haven't started F215 but aim to get F214 and F212 done soon so I have 2 months for F215 as I hate ecology with a passion!

You guys seem to have done really well on your practical tests! Well done :smile: I have no idea how you do it, stuck on a D here!
I'm stuck on 33 which is a B. I got 9 in the quant., 8 in the qual. and 16 in the eval. :tongue: We're doing an evaluative after Easter about peas or something... very bizarre.

I love F214! :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by StartingTheParty
I'm stuck on 33 which is a B. I got 9 in the quant., 8 in the qual. and 16 in the eval. :tongue: We're doing an evaluative after Easter about peas or something... very bizarre.

I love F214! :smile:

Oh yeah we did the pea one :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending