University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

I am a current student at the University of Leicester - Ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somethingunique
Oh I thought JoFo was nicest

In my opinion, Bowder is nicest. They're about the same I guess. You'll be loving life at either of them.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by inachigeek21
Hi!
What course are you studying?
I have heard that Leicester is exceptionally well at teaching chemistry, it is known for their expertise in chemistry.
Is this true??
I'm planning to study chemistry at Leicester university for chemistry, would this b a good idea?
Thanks in advance.

I'm studying History so have no idea really, sorry. What I would say is that it is an excellent University, and getting any degree from here will stand you in very good stead.
What was the name of that Leicester Archaeology teacher who committed suicide by falling on a Roman sword replica? And why he did this?
What do you think are the lowest entry requirements one has/can get in with apart from easy btecs obviously?! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
How/when should you get your student ID?
Original post by alexandraMz
How/when should you get your student ID?

A few days into term by reporting to the Registry office.
Original post by lozasaurus99
What do you think are the lowest entry requirements one has/can get in with apart from easy btecs obviously?! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends entirely on the course.
Original post by DPlange
what accomodation did you live in first year??

I currently am a first year living in Mary Gee. I honestly can say it's not as bad as people make it out to be on the open days :smile: If you want more info just ask me
Where do students park? I plan to commute via 1 car journey, takes about 45 min. Need somewhere to park but emailing the uni is not helping
Original post by LeicesterStudent
Shoot!

I realise that there are either 2 or 3 gyms which can be used with the university gym membership but how do these differ in terms of the equipment available?
I've seen the equipment list on the website for the Danielle Brown Centre but there isn't one for the Roger Bettles Centre so if you could give me any info you have on this then that would be great!
What is your opinion about the teaching method for English subject? As creative writing has been recently started, what is its score?
Are there lots of clubs/ parties/ festivals over there?
what is the uni like as a whole ( particularly the sciences) , this is coming from someone who has been rejected THREE times ( Two times for the same course) and I am so determined/ desperate/ yearning / crying / racing / insert verb here to go to Leicester , I loved it on the open days. And is the new science buiding due to be finished on time ? :smile:
Original post by LeicesterStudent
Shoot!

have you looked into the CODE accommodations before?
Original post by Interstellar
I was under the impression that the amount of white people in Leicester was actually a minority, but after visiting the town for a few hours yesterday, most people seemed relatively middle class, even the few black/Indians I did see. Although in general it wasn't a brilliant place. The only thing it had were shops surrounded by a clock tower and the odd tall building (I saw a random blue one nearby). It's a fairly rundown city with no sense of innovation or power in the air, and covered in Sam Bailey CD's. I wouldn't enjoy university there, though if you'd like to live in a smallish city with a compact town centre and being surrounded by friendly people then I can see why it'd appeal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, you ever been to Birmingham?
Hey I'm so happy to find this thread! I hold an unconditional offer at the moment for Leicester, and was wondering how/when I can find an appartment? All the companies I've rung up have said it's way too early to reserve an appartment, and to call back in August, but surely by then all the flats would be taken?! Which sites are suggested by the school and have all your friends already found a flat? Jade x
Reply 276
Original post by Cara2015
Where do students park? I plan to commute via 1 car journey, takes about 45 min. Need somewhere to park but emailing the uni is not helping

Hi there, I have an offer to start psychology this September. I'm thinking of commuting; how has commuting been for you?
Reply 277
Hi there,
I'm wanting to commute -hopefully starting psychology this September. How have you found commenting etc?
What's up with the low student satisfaction?
Reply 279
Does the uni provide support with work experience and getting placements? Also do you know how the process of changing courses once you are at the university is or if you know of anyone who switched courses?? thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending