University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
What's Leicester as a city like? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Juichiro
Why should we ask you questions?

Because they're prospective Leicester students? Outside shot I know but putting it out there.
Reply 4
Why should we ask you questions?

Why not? :colone:
Is your first language Urdu?
Reply 6
Original post by Alpha brah
Why not? :colone:

That counter is not useful. A priori, no one asks questions unless one has a reason. :wink:
What is the reason why we should ask OP a question?
Reply 7
That counter is not useful. A priori, no one asks questions unless one has a reason. :wink:

This thread is here so the people who feel they have a reason to ask OP questions can do so.

Besides, you just did :wink:
Original post by Arieisit
Has anyone ever told you that you go to a rubbish uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but I tend to ignore them because they're objectively incorrect.
What's Leicester as a city like? :smile:

It's verrry multi-cultural, which is a good thing. In terms of shops and the city centre, it's pretty much what you would expect. All the normal high street shops, a showcase cinema, nandos, all that ****. It's got quite a bit of character, as in there are quite a few side streets with old shops and boutiques that seem to go on forever.
What are you studying?

As this is the University of Leicester subforum, it may prove useful for prospective or current University of Leicester students.

Inane, unfunny questions are also evidently allowed.
Original post by Willum Infanta
Is your first language Urdu?

No.
Reply 13
Original post by LeicesterStudent
It's verrry multi-cultural, which is a good thing. In terms of shops and the city centre, it's pretty much what you would expect. All the normal high street shops, a showcase cinema, nandos, all that ****. It's got quite a bit of character, as in there are quite a few side streets with old shops and boutiques that seem to go on forever.

How multicultural are we talking? I'm a Londoner lol so love cities like that :smile:

Is it a pretty city? (Silly question, I know :tongue:)
Original post by muttley mode
What are you studying?

I am studying BA History, I'm in my second year.
How multicultural are we talking? I'm a Londoner lol so love cities like that :smile:

Is it a pretty city? (Silly question, I know :tongue:)

We're talking you'll see more black people and asian people than white people.

And yeah I'd say so. There are a few eyesores in the city centre but for the most part it's really nice.
No.

Aww, I took an educated guess considering you're in Leicester:colone:
Reply 17
Is there a bit of culture shock if you're coming from a small entirely white village?

What is the student accommodation like?
Original post by ZaraJayne
Is there a bit of culture shock if you're coming from a small entirely white village?

What is the student accommodation like?

I came from a small, entirely white village, and honestly I don't think there was much of a culture shock. There should be, and I don't know why there isn't, but there was no culture shock for me.

The student accommodation is student accommodation. You get what you pay for really, most of it in the Oadby student village is catered. As in, you get your meals cooked for you. The main fear for a lot of people is that you'll miss out on the social side of cooking food, but there's just as much of a social side when you're standing in the queue or waiting for the rest of your block at 6pm to go down and get some food. In terms of plushness it ranges from palatial to a complete hole, but as I say, you get what you pay for. For a bit of reference, this was my room last year. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2340723

It cost £144 a week with bills and food included, that's for breakfast and dinner. The student house I'm living in now costs £65 a week.
We're talking you'll see more black people and asian people than white people.

Largest ethnic groupings are White British (45%) and British Indian (28%). Overall 51% White, 37% Asian, 6% Black, 4% Mixed Race, 1% Arab. As per 2011 census.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending