The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

General Life at Stirling

Hi, I'm considering attending Stirling in 2014 and I was wanting to know what life is like there. I mean social, the people, food, all basic things, any information would be great thanks.
I've finished my first semester there and I loved it so much!
The people are great from my perspective, but like everywhere it can depend!
You have Tesco, Sainsbury's and Aldi to go shopping, but also a Waitrose etc. There is a shopping centre, The Thistles that has a lot of shops from Thorntons to Primark, Poundland, Debenhams etc.
There are 2 nightclubs in Stirling and one in Bridge of Allan. The best for student nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays in Stirling and Mondays in Bridge of Allan. And you have a lot of pubs and restaurant in town!
You also have some catering outlets on campus, the one on the Ground Floor of Willow Court is really great! Nice food and cheap!
You also have the Underground, for coffee, hot chocolat etc, it is basically a Starbucks; the Union, the University pub/restaurant. It is nice and cheap as well! There is a nightclub at Uni but it is not always open.
You have a library, a bookstore, the Union Shop for Stirling hoodies, towels, etc. There are also 2 shops, one is more for snacks and the other for basic things you might need although it is cheaper to go to Tesco.
There are a lot of clubs and societies as well as sports club which is great to meet new people and have a lot of fun! :smile:

Is there anything in particular you would like to know?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Does Stirling Uni have a gym? Or does stirling in general have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes the University has a gym (recently refurbished) and a pool! You can also run around the loch, it is really nice!
This makes me so excited to join Stirling Uni this September!

Quick Reply

Latest