The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
To which uni will you go in Germany, Fleece?
Reply 21
I'm not entirely sure...

This is the list I have to choose from:

Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Universität Dortmund
Universität Heidelberg
Universität Leipzig
Universität Tübingen

I've never been to any of these places so I don't know what they're like, but I was thinking Tübingen because I like the south and it's the only one in the south :-\ I dunno. Any help?!!
Reply 22
Fleece
I'm not entirely sure...

This is the list I have to choose from:

Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Universität Dortmund
Universität Heidelberg
Universität Leipzig
Universität Tübingen

I've never been to any of these places so I don't know what they're like, but I was thinking Tübingen because I like the south and it's the only one in the south :-\ I dunno. Any help?!!

Yeah, Tübingen is cool, thought about going there, but opted for London in the end. Heidelberg is nice, too. Don't particularly like the other ones.
Reply 23
Woo. Might go for Tübingen as intended then. I had a brief look at the other unis online but none really tickled my fancy.
Reply 24
Although German uni websites don't quite depict much of the individual unis...
Reply 25
Que?
Reply 26
You won't get an idea what it is like at a university by looking at their website.
Reply 27
Yeah, but I can get a feel for a place. It's the only indication I'm going to have anyway, searching the web for info and pics. Worked for choosing the language school I went to so I'm hopeful.
Reply 28
Allright, and that's an important factor: if you're confident to have a good time, you'll have one.
Reply 29
Yeah :smile: Just bit petrified of choosing wrong place and ending up somewhere I don't like :frown:
Reply 30
Hmm, yeah that's always a risc, but you can't eliminate it completely. Are you celebrating because Italy is world champion?
Reply 31
Haha yeah, i'm pleased for them, France only won it 8 years ago and they did play well.
Reply 32
Hmmm, France was better though and Italy kicked out Germany.
Reply 33
Wittenberg would be awesome if only to go to the same uni as Martin Luther and Hamlet :smile:
Timeslikethese
I might be going to reunion island for my year out! wow!
Wow!! That's a really really beautiful place.. you'll love it. It's actually my favorite place I've ever been to lol - been there twice (check the thread in Travel forum: What's your favourite country?) .. I just love everything about it. I've even decided that's where I want to go for my year abroad! (and I ain't even started uni yet!!)

fuglyduckling
Lol - I dated a girl from there this year ... it's French-speaking, right? She said it was awesome - you'll have fun.
Ye they speak French there. There's also another language - called Créole (le créole réunnionais) - which is a little bit like french, but sounds very strange lol. I can speak most of it 'cause I'm so into my Réunion Island! :p::biggrin:
Jammertal I think Heidelberg's a beautiful place...although I'm not doing German. I'm doing French and would like to work in a school as an assistante I think, though I might change my mind...
Reply 36
dismal_laundry
Jammertal I think Heidelberg's a beautiful place...although I'm not doing German. I'm doing French and would like to work in a school as an assistante I think, though I might change my mind...

I submitted my online application to Heidelberg the other day. Didn't send the paper form off though- tommorrow is the deadline.
I've found that Goldman Sachs has a placement thing in Germany, which could be cool

I'd like to work for MTV or something - that really would be fun!!! :biggrin:
Reply 38
For MTV? And you're that you'll learn German there?! :p: :biggrin:
Reply 39
Would you still pay tuition fees for the year that you are abroad during your degree?

Latest

Trending

Trending