The Student Room Group

Podiatry 2014

Got an interview for Huddersfield on 24 January. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes i have a interview at University Of Brighton on 18 Febuary
Reply 2
Great, good luck!!! Where else have you applied to. I have applied to Hudds, Salford, Southampton, Northampton and Plymouth
Would anyone know if there is a maths/English assessment before the interview? I know this is the case for a few popular courses! Also, any ideas on potential interview questions?
Reply 4
Original post by Meggymoobles
Would anyone know if there is a maths/English assessment before the interview? I know this is the case for a few popular courses! Also, any ideas on potential interview questions?

I'm almost sure we don't. I hope not anyway haha. Have you got an interview at Hudds too?
No I didn't apply there! I have an interview for Northampton. Have you heard back from any other unis at all? Ahh good!! That would make my life so much easier..im already panicking about the interview!
Reply 6
Original post by Edna94
I'm almost sure we don't. I hope not anyway haha. Have you got an interview at Hudds too?

Re. Questions I think it will be why you want to do podiatry, why that uni, what experience you may have had etc and just show that you are really interested in podiatry.
Reply 7
Original post by Edna94
Re. Questions I think it will be why you want to do podiatry, why that uni, what experience you may have had etc and just show that you are really interested in podiatry.

i heard from Northampton today and they have offered me an interview on the same day as Huddersfield so I need to ring them tomorrow and I think the new date will be 7th Feb. Nerve racking isn't it? I'm still waiting to hear from Salford, Southampton and Plymouth
Reply 8
I applied to Southampton,Hudds,UEL,Brighton
Reply 9
is anyone here applying with btec applied science
Reply 10
Original post by iboxhamud
is anyone here applying with btec applied science

I've applied with Btec Science and Btec sport. I've got DMM from last year and working towards a distinction this year. My trouble is I didn't get a C or above in maths so I will be resitting it. Have you heard from anyone other than brighton yet?
Howcums you guys have been asked to attend the interview whenthe UCAS deadline is 15th jan.....do they not ask you to cum after that...I still have not submitted my application thats why
Reply 12
I sent my ucas off the 6th and heard pretty soon after from 3 unis. 2 interviews and 1 rejection. If you get yours off ASAP you will probably make those dates. Where are you applying to?
Original post by Edna94
I sent my ucas off the 6th and heard pretty soon after from 3 unis. 2 interviews and 1 rejection. If you get yours off ASAP you will probably make those dates. Where are you applying to?

Ahh so it depends on when u send it ...I got soo worried I thtought deadline is gone lol.....I'll hopefully send mine next week....erm m gna apply to southampton, northampton, brighton, UEL and still not sure abt 5th ......what about you, where were ur interviews n who rejected?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I applied to Huddersfield, Salford, Southampton, Northampton and Plymouth and in that order. Got an interview for Hudds on 24 of Jan and Northampton on the 7th of Feb. Plymouth rejected me and I've still not heard from Salford, got a post card from Southampton saying they received my application and were looking at it. Huddersfield has a really good reputation for podiatry and I was very impressed at the open day. Great facilities, the campus is a short walk from the town centre and night life and the people seemed friendly. There seemed to be a lot of student support and opportunities there. It just had a really nice feel about it so Hudds is my first choice. Maybe think about applying to Huddersfield yourself if you have another uni to choose??? Get your application sent as soon as you can and good luck. Let us know how you get on :smile:
Original post by Edna94
I applied to Huddersfield, Salford, Southampton, Northampton and Plymouth and in that order. Got an interview for Hudds on 24 of Jan and Northampton on the 7th of Feb. Plymouth rejected me and I've still not heard from Salford, got a post card from Southampton saying they received my application and were looking at it. Huddersfield has a really good reputation for podiatry and I was very impressed at the open day. Great facilities, the campus is a short walk from the town centre and night life and the people seemed friendly. There seemed to be a lot of student support and opportunities there. It just had a really nice feel about it so Hudds is my first choice. Maybe think about applying to Huddersfield yourself if you have another uni to choose??? Get your application sent as soon as you can and good luck. Let us know how you get on :smile:

ooh....so are you gonna move out if you get to hurdessfield hopefully or is it near for u?.....I live in london and UEL is like 15 mins drive lol and for all the other unis I have to move out :frown: m such a homy person loll....so scared and weak to live on my own but at the same time I wana go to a good uni for podiatry UEL is okay as its the only one in london bt if u look at overall ranking then its not......so yh I will be telling abt if I get interviews hopefully.....and GOOD LUCK with your interview at hudds...let me knw how it goes yh
Reply 16
Original post by simran12345
ooh....so are you gonna move out if you get to hurdessfield hopefully or is it near for u?.....I live in london and UEL is like 15 mins drive lol and for all the other unis I have to move out :frown: m such a homy person loll....so scared and weak to live on my own but at the same time I wana go to a good uni for podiatry UEL is okay as its the only one in london bt if u look at overall ranking then its not......so yh I will be telling abt if I get interviews hopefully.....and GOOD LUCK with your interview at hudds...let me knw how it goes yh

I live on the wirral so just across the water from Liverpool. Salford is the nearest uni to me and was the first open day I went to. I loved huddersfield though and yea moving away is sooo scary but exciting at the same time. If you can I would move away if I was you, get the whole uni experience. You won't be too weak to live on your own, you will surprise yourself :smile: APPLY TO HUDDS lol. I will defo let you know how I get on :smile:
Reply 17
Got a skype interview for Huddersfield on the 24th of January anyone else get one of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Caoimhex
Got a skype interview for Huddersfield on the 24th of January anyone else get one of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come you are having it via Skype, do you live abroad? I have mine on the 24th but at the uni. Very best if luck with your interview. What other unis have you heard from?
Reply 19
Original post by Edna94
How come you are having it via Skype, do you live abroad? I have mine on the 24th but at the uni. Very best if luck with your interview. What other unis have you heard from?

Yes I am from Ireland however I would have thought I would be expected to travel for the interview but I got an email today to say that they have an interview scheduled for me via Skype at 15:30 on the 24th of January! I haven't heard from any other unis yet as I only sent off my application yesterday, I was shocked I got such a quick response from Hudds, however I applied to Southampton, Salford, Northampton and Plymouth too, so hopefully I will get other interviews :smile: Goodluck on the 24th :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest