The Student Room Group

Hearthstone

Anybody playing it or looking forward to it? It's not normally the sort of game I'd be interested in, but after a couple of the Youtube channels I subscribe to started pumping out videos about it I thought I'd opt into the beta and it's been pretty enjoyable so far :h:

For those who haven't heard of it, Hearthstone is an online collectible card game based around the Warcraft mythos (something I have absolutely no clue about, so don't let that put you off). Players build 30 card decks and choose one of nine classes, each with exclusive cards and abilities, and face off against other players to win rewards. There's also a mode called Arena, where players build decks out of randomly selected cards and try and see how long a winning streak they can make against other players randomly chosen decks.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

Scroll to see replies

I can't wait for it. I went in for beta but no answer so I am just waiting now until it comes out. See you in there :smile:.
Original post by Finally hapiness
I can't wait for it. I went in for beta but no answer so I am just waiting now until it comes out. See you in there :smile:.

Check your inbox :smile:
I've played a few games (only versus the A.I. classes so far), however I'm awful at building decks in card games, so I don't think I'll do very well in online play. :frown:
Well, demolished my first opponent (Priest vs Druid) and only lost 1 health. Didn't even need to heal. Think I got lucky there.
Ditto about having been intrigued by videos coming from Youtube subscriptions! I went to register for the beta a few days ago, only to find that my Nexus 7 that's set as my Battle.net authenticator app had run its battery down! :tongue: I'll take this as a prompt to try it again :yep:
Reply 6
I sit there watching TotalBiscuit's series to try and get to grips with how to play it but I've not got my invite yet.

I've wanted to play a TCG like Hearthstone for years and never bothered and now my mate is into it I feel like it's a good time to give it a try.
Played a couple of arena runs today, first time around I got 7-3 which is my best record to date, quickly followed by an atrocious 1-3 despite having a decent draft :ahee:
A have myself a beta key :ahee:
Original post by Illusionary
A have myself a beta key :ahee:

Cool, let me know your battletag/email if you want a game :h:
I'm Illusionary#1690 - though I'll need some time to get a feel for the game first :tongue: I've made my way through the tutorial rounds but not much beyond that yet.
Reply 11
love it :P just played a game as a hunter, killed the other person by mana gem 5, taking no damage, very fun
Original post by Illusionary
I'm Illusionary#1690 - though I'll need some time to get a feel for the game first :tongue: I've made my way through the tutorial rounds but not much beyond that yet.

No worries :smile:

Original post by Munrot07
love it :P just played a game as a hunter, killed the other person by mana gem 5, taking no damage, very fun

I've found a deck online which will win by turn six 95% of the time, I've gone from rank 18 to 10 today with about 4 losses. I'm not going to reveal it though, in case anyone on TSR wants a game :colone:
Reply 13
Just had 2 divine shielded +1/+1 Knife Jugglers out.

It was not that priests day.
Reply 14
Did an arena one for the first time and last time with a Hunter (seriously, I hate that class) and got 1-3, got a crappy rogue card and a pack, but I didn't care about doing bad because I got this beauty in the pack:

My favourite Dragon card. :biggrin:
Original post by Betacra
Did an arena one for the first time and last time with a Hunter (seriously, I hate that class) and got 1-3, got a crappy rogue card and a pack, but I didn't care about doing bad because I got this beauty in the pack:

My favourite Dragon card. :biggrin:

Nice :teeth: So far I've gotten three legendaries in packs, Cenarius who is badass in buffing Druid decks and Al'Akir who sucks... twice :\ Then I have a Murk Eye which I got for free when I completed the Murloc Set :smile:

I'd say Hunters are the weakest Arena class, the majority of their class cards are built around Beast synergy and there's never a guarantee that you'll get the right cards to make them work, and their hero power doesn't really contribute towards any larger strategies and just pushes a bit of extra damage through. If I'm playing Arena I usually go for Warlock for the consistent card draw and awesome early game cards like Succubus and the Imps, or Druids for the versatility "choose one" cards bring and beastly late game creatures. I don't like Warriors in Arena, I play them the least so I don't tend to do well with them, and again their ability is a bit meh. Priest, Paladin and Mage are all just plain solid, but not as fun as Warlock or Druid in my opinion. Shamans are good, and Rogues piss me off so I refuse to play them :ahee:
This, right here, is why they need a rejoin function for people who get disconnected. Stupid router :unimpressed:
Reply 17
On the other hand, you probably made that Druid's day. :ahee:
still waiting for beta key :bawling:
Reply 19
Open Beta. Beta is now open.

Quick Reply

Latest