The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

New to Forum - Insurance Choice

Hey there,

I'm new to this forum, coz Sussex was my insurance but it's looking unlikely that I'll get my firm - I got my IB results today and missed the Oxbridge offer, but definitely made Sussex and to be honest, I'm looking forward to coming here!
I just wanted to say hello, and was wondering if anyone was studing Modern Languages? I'm trying to see if I can take anthropology too, but it's probably a bit late in the day! :wink:
Anyway, good luck to everyone for results day!
Hello! :smile: I am doing a Joint Course half of which is German, if that counts? :p:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Hi!
I'm not doing any languages (because I honestly suck far worse than anyone could imagine!) but just wanted to say congrats for getting the grades for Sussex (and you never know... maybe you might still get your firm!!:biggrin: ) and Welcome- even though I'm not a student:p: , It's an amazing uni and I'm sure you'll be very happy if you end up at it!
Hi there! I'm in awe of anyone who manages to do the IB, it's very scary looking. See you at Sussex then.
Reply 4
Ace, looking forward to it!

(and yes - STAY WELL CLEAR of the IB)
ok I'm going to sound really naive but what's the IB?
It's an international baccalaureate, which is like a-levels but much tougher. It's usually favoured by people who are going to uni abroad (as it's internationally recognised) or oxbridge. You have to study six subjects I think... One has to be a language and you have to do one science and one art. Anyway, it's just hideously scary.
ladyportacabin
It's an international baccalaureate, which is like a-levels but much tougher. It's usually favoured by people who are going to uni abroad (as it's internationally recognised) or oxbridge. You have to study six subjects I think... One has to be a language and you have to do one science and one art. Anyway, it's just hideously scary.

:eek: Guh?!

well yes, anyone who does that has my complete admiration and respect! I wouldn't attempt it in a million years!
Reply 8
Hello I'm doing English if that counts... probably not. :getmecoat
Reply 9
Definitely counts!

Yeah, the IB is a bit mental. I did pretty well, but by the looks of things on the IB results forum everyone else who took it is a genius!
You have to take your native language, maths, a foreign language, a human science, an experimental science, and one extra which can be an art. Then on top of that you have to do 150 Creativity/Action/Service, a 4000 word extended essay and Theory of Knowledge, which is basically philosophy...

Latest

Trending

Trending