The Student Room Group

Primary Teaching Interviews

hiiiiiiii
I have three interviews for Sheffield Hallam, Hull (Scarborough Campus) and York St John for the Primary or Early Years teaching. i was looking for advice or tips for the interview days and mainly about the group presentations. If you've taken these courses at any of the universities, what did you do for your group presentation? thanks for any advice or help! Greatly appreciated:smile:
Reply 1
Hiya!!! I've got an interview at Sheffield Hallam for Early Years Teaching on the 9th January and I'm so nervous!! They're gonna think I'm a joke when I get there because everything I've tried to do in preparation has failed miserably!
I decided I was gonna go and do my skills tests before the interview so I booked them both for the 27th December in hope I'd pass them both first time. I wasn't worried about the test at all as maths and english has never been a bother for me luckily. I took every ID i had just to ensure that at least 2 would be expected. However when I got there, they wouldn't even let me sit them because my ID wasn't up to scratch!!
My passport was outdated
My student card didn't have my signature on it
My birth certificate, my name change certificate, my CRB or my national insurance card doesn't have my photo on it
My bus pass doesn't have my full name on it (just my first and last name, not my middle name)
and I don't have a driving license!
It was ridiculous, so they've said I need to take this form into college and get it stamped with the official stamp, rebook the tests and go back...I can't do that before the 9th Jan with college being shut over Christmas.

And then there's this teaching task...
Original post by alexbeth16
hiiiiiiii
I have three interviews for Sheffield Hallam, Hull (Scarborough Campus) and York St John for the Primary or Early Years teaching. i was looking for advice or tips for the interview days and mainly about the group presentations. If you've taken these courses at any of the universities, what did you do for your group presentation? thanks for any advice or help! Greatly appreciated:smile:

Hi!
I have a interview for Primary Teaching at Hull on the 12th of February and I'm quite nervous about it. When is your interview? If you have already done it I'd love some tips- but if you haven't good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest