The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer graduate scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hi All,

I applied to the Retail Mgmt Grad Scheme back in October and have had that same message 'app is on hold while we consider your results' on my status page since.

I posted in the 2013 forum for this scheme and one of the guys there told me that he had the same status and made it through to the assessment centre. Additionally a friend of mine received an e-mail letting her know that her app was unsuccessful yesterday (I think). I still have not heard anything and the suspense is torture!

As Pedro500 wrote ' no news is good news!'

Good luck everyone.
Reply 21
Really? Was he on the grad scheme? I've worked for M&S for nearly 8 years and have to say I think they are good company to work for but everyone can have different experiences. I know people who have worked and hated retail in general but I have to say I enjoy retail and the ups and downs it brings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I also work for M&S and have applied. I would not say the pay is rubbish (its above the retail average) and the opportunities for development or promotion are great
Hey I've had an email inviting me to the assessment centre today so I'm sure if you haven't already you will all hear soon :smile:
Also I've just ready the messages about working for m&s... I've worked for them for nearly 7 years and I think they're great to work for the pay is good and they have been flexible with me around my uni and I have the opportunity to go for section manager if this doesn't work out so I also say the opportunities are really good!
Reply 25
Hi Hannah Louise :-) is yous the retail management or a head office scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Recentgrad2014
Hi All,

I applied to the Retail Mgmt Grad Scheme back in October and have had that same message 'app is on hold while we consider your results' on my status page since.

I posted in the 2013 forum for this scheme and one of the guys there told me that he had the same status and made it through to the assessment centre. Additionally a friend of mine received an e-mail letting her know that her app was unsuccessful yesterday (I think). I still have not heard anything and the suspense is torture!

As Pedro500 wrote ' no news is good news!'

Good luck everyone.

Did your friend apply for the retail management scheme? I wonder if they are looking at the test results and sifting applications under a certain mark etc

Well hopefully we will hear something soon, I've been reading last years forum and most people got assessment centre offers around Christmas week or the first week in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the retail graduate scheme :smile: you?
Reply 28
Yep same as me :-) I wonder how the allocate the places? Maybe by region or by test scores Just hope I don't get an unsuccessful email :-( do you know of anyone else getting invites or rejects yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
P.s I've no patience lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure how it all works tbh! But I only got the email today so I'm sure you'll hear soon! What region you in? I only know one other person who applied and they failed the online tests! My assessment centre is on the 22nd of jan eek!
Reply 31
Same as me two people I know failed after the verbal tests. I'm in Northern Ireland so I'd chosen Belfast as my assessment centre location.wbu? That won't be long coming round, but least you know :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh cool :smile: I'm in the north West Yorkshire region so maybe they do here first before N.I but fingers crossed for you!!
Original post by Pedro500
Did your friend apply for the retail management scheme? I wonder if they are looking at the test results and sifting applications under a certain mark etc

Well hopefully we will hear something soon, I've been reading last years forum and most people got assessment centre offers around Christmas week or the first week in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, she applied for the Retail Mgmt Scheme (in London).
Reply 34
Aw ok, take it they are shortlisting then. Hopefully some news soon :s though no news is good news

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!
I rang up hr in store in Friday and asked and they said they are still reviewing the retail management grad scheme and we should hear within a week!

A commercial manager who works in my store is actually one of the assessors and he said the assessment days start week commencing the 20th jan :smile: so Hannah yours must be one of the first ones!

I also think M&S are a brill company to work for I've got nothing but positives to say about the company so I hope that doesn't put anyone off, very accommodating and flexible with uni for me too!

I'm with Pedro too I hope no news is good news .

And I think there is only telephone interviews for head office schemes not in store ones :smile:.

Will keep you all updated & good luck!x
Reply 36
I was going to ring hr today in work lol that's good to know that they are still reviewing, it would be good if we found out today or tomorrow - I hate the suspense of not knowing!

Good luck to you too :-) keep us posted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got this email today..

I can confirm that we are in receipt of your test scores and your application is currently on hold.

As the closing date for this scheme was only Friday 13th December @ 23:55, no further outcome is scheduled to be confirmed until all applications have been reviewed.

Whilst I understand you may feel anxious awaiting this outcome, the sheer high volume of applications we receive means it cannot be completed in one setting. All test results and applications are reviewed extensively to ensure all applicants are treated fairly.

So they are deffo still reviewing them,at least we know it's all done properly and fairly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by sarahmiller11
I got this email today..

I can confirm that we are in receipt of your test scores and your application is currently on hold.

As the closing date for this scheme was only Friday 13th December @ 23:55, no further outcome is scheduled to be confirmed until all applications have been reviewed.

Whilst I understand you may feel anxious awaiting this outcome, the sheer high volume of applications we receive means it cannot be completed in one setting. All test results and applications are reviewed extensively to ensure all applicants are treated fairly.

So they are deffo still reviewing them,at least we know it's all done properly and fairly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What scheme have you applied for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retail management what about you?x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest