The Student Room Group

fat belly

how do you achieve a flat stomach?
i'm quite thin all over apart from my belly so i don't know if i could lose anymore weight?
im so confused :confused:
i've heard cardio is good for belly fat loss however i really don't want to lose more weight on other parts of my body, but I know that you can't isolate where you lose weight :s-smilie:

any advice please!
Well balanced diet (calories out>calories in) and a decent training regeime.

You cannot spot reduce fat.
Reply 2
What he said ^. HIIT too
Reply 3
Original post by anonymous121264
i'm quite thin all over apart from my belly so i don't know if i could lose anymore weight?
i've heard cardio is good for belly fat loss however i really don't want to lose more weight on other parts of my body, but I know that you can't isolate where you lose weight :s-smilie:

any advice please!

You can't spot reduce fat, if your skinny all over but still hat belly fat i think that probably implies you eat very low calories but don't exercise so you still have skinny-fat.

Have a calorie intake around 1500-1800 and then do 25 minutes of cardio in addition to weights routine.
Try to chew more slowly and thoroughly when you eat. Try to cut as much sugar from your diet as possible. Drink plenty of water. Do Cardio exercises will improve circulation and will aid in acquiring a flat stomach.
The first stage of getting fat is getting fat on the belly. The second stage is the fat around the belly and increase in waist size. Then the fat starts getting accumulated everywhere else.
Do not try to spot train, it rarely works. Do a lot of cardio, and pair that with some equipment. You are currently in the beginner's level to obesity.. Its called skinny fat. I'd suggest just keep going to the gym or get other kind of exercise 3-4 times a week, and watch the belly fat melt in a couple months. :smile:
I got skinny fat too, I'm working on it :smile:
Original post by ThatLawyerGirl
The first stage of getting fat is getting fat on the belly. The second stage is the fat around the belly and increase in waist size. Then the fat starts getting accumulated everywhere else.
Do not try to spot train, it rarely works. Do a lot of cardio, and pair that with some equipment. You are currently in the beginner's level to obesity.. Its called skinny fat. I'd suggest just keep going to the gym or get other kind of exercise 3-4 times a week, and watch the belly fat melt in a couple months. :smile:
I got skinny fat too, I'm working on it :smile:

hopefully we can tackle this! good luck to you!
hopefully we can tackle this! good luck to you!

And to you too! :smile: sure we will....IF we put our minds to it adequately long enough! :P
Reply 8
Check my fitness blog in my sig, I'm trying something similar to you, reducing bodyfat percentage
Reply 9

any advice please!

If your fat is mainly round your belly area, you should look into your stress levels as well as estrogen levels. Increased stress or estrogen levels make you store fat in the stomach area. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest