The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship Requirements Leniency?

Hey Everyone! :smile:

Ill try to make my first post as short as possible as I dont want to go boring anyone with a novel!.

I have seen an apprenticeship vacancy online that I would like to apply to but dont quite meet the entry requirements so am wondering if any leeway or leniency is given if you have a different qualification that exceeds the requirements.

The entry requirements say you MUST have:

GCSE grade B in maths

GCSE grade C in English

Hold one AS level qualification

I have 6 GCSE's grade A*-C

The problem is I got a C in maths and a B in English as opposed to a B in maths and a C in English.

The apprenticeship is ICT based. It is a social media and digital media, this is where I believe they may be a bit lenient with me because I already hold a BTEC level 3 in ICT which I believe is equivalent to 3 A levels (in terms of UCAS points)

So what do you guys think? :smile: I will email them but I dont want to write a page email just for them to say that I dont meet the requirements
Original post by Aspirexx
Hey Everyone! :smile:

Ill try to make my first post as short as possible as I dont want to go boring anyone with a novel!.

I have seen an apprenticeship vacancy online that I would like to apply to but dont quite meet the entry requirements so am wondering if any leeway or leniency is given if you have a different qualification that exceeds the requirements.

The entry requirements say you MUST have:

GCSE grade B in maths

GCSE grade C in English

Hold one AS level qualification

I have 6 GCSE's grade A*-C

The problem is I got a C in maths and a B in English as opposed to a B in maths and a C in English.

The apprenticeship is ICT based. It is a social media and digital media, this is where I believe they may be a bit lenient with me because I already hold a BTEC level 3 in ICT which I believe is equivalent to 3 A levels (in terms of UCAS points)

So what do you guys think? :smile: I will email them but I dont want to write a page email just for them to say that I dont meet the requirements

Go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending