The Student Room Group

HELP University choosing

Hi, guys,
I really need your help.
I applied five unniversities which are UCL,Durham,Cass business school,Nottingham and Lancaster
I am interested in finance, thus, all the five program I applied related to my interest
I applied UCL management science BSC
cass bangking&International finance BSC
Durham accounting and finance BSC
lancaster Finance and Management bsc
Nottingham accounting, finance and management Bsc
What do you think about these five schools? Any opinion is welcomed
Thank you very much.
I cannot comment on the courses themselves, but if you havnt done already, you need to make certain that you have a spread of 'grade requirements' that give you a potentialy achievable Firm and a sensible Insurance (with noticeably lower grade requirement than all your other choices).

Already there are messages on TSR from people who didnt do this and 'bunched' their choices all at the top end - and ended up with only two offers, both identical or a best both 'high' and an impossible F&I choice. Dont be one of them.
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. Well,you have to know that my grade is enough for all 5 programes, so it means that the only problem I faced is the school choosing. I really need everyone's choice and help me to make right decision.
What are your AS grades and Subjects?

I currently study the Nottingham course, and have applied to Durham as well so I may be able to help.
Reply 4
Original post by Tomatochuckers
What are your AS grades and Subjects?

I currently study the Nottingham course, and have applied to Durham as well so I may be able to help.

Math A
Further mathematics A
Accounting A
Physics A
What are your IELTS scores?
Original post by sarahlu1997
Math A
Further mathematics A
Accounting A
Physics A

Decent set, might want to first look at whether you want to do a management degree or an Accounting and Finance degree. I know the latter has a strong finance element to it (clue's in the name, but am not too knowledgeable enough about management to know whether it also has the same degree of finance content within it).

For Management, I'd consider three from:

LSE- AAA
Cass- AAA
Warwick- AAA
UCL- AAA

Then two from:

Nottingham- AAB
Durham- AAB
Manchester- AAB

For A+F, I'd consider:

LSE- AAA
Cass- AAA
Warwick- AAA
Nottingham- AAB
Durham- AAB
Bristol- AAA-AAB
Manchester- AAB

Note Warwick would prefer a social science subject but with your grade profile you should almost definitely get into Nottingham and Durham and stand a good chance for the rest. (Which Uni Stats)
Reply 7
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Decent set, might want to first look at whether you want to do a management degree or an Accounting and Finance degree. I know the latter has a strong finance element to it (clue's in the name, but am not too knowledgeable enough about management to know whether it also has the same degree of finance content within it).

For Management, I'd consider three from:

LSE- AAA
Cass- AAA
Warwick- AAA
UCL- AAA

Then two from:

Nottingham- AAB
Durham- AAB
Manchester- AAB

For A+F, I'd consider:

LSE- AAA
Cass- AAA
Warwick- AAA
Nottingham- AAB
Durham- AAB
Bristol- AAA-AAB
Manchester- AAB

Note Warwick would prefer a social science subject but with your grade profile you should almost definitely get into Nottingham and Durham and stand a good chance for the rest. (Which Uni Stats)

Thank you very much, I get all things I want to get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending