The Student Room Group

Creating a new drug

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kabloomybuzz
a lot of people probably do understand. You're not the only person in the world to have a tooth infection. But what you've got is a concoction of drugs already available. This is not a "new drug" and you don't even know if this conviction is safe or has any interactions. Try asking a pharmacist about taking these drugs together. If it is a safe combination that can be sold otc, another company is probably already working on combining it into one tablet properly. Ita also very selfish and childish of you to be saying "my secret" about a combination of drugs which may be very effective for others and that others probably have and will work out for themselves. If you can help people in your position by telling them what has worked for you, why would you not do it. Trying combinations of painkillers is nothing new, clever or special.

Antibiotics work because they kill the infection which is causing the pain. Just stay on them until you've had the tooth out because its much better for you to have the extraction done where there isn't an existing infection present and will make the extraction less painful to heal. Some dentists refuse to extract an infected tooth and give you antibiotics and tell you to come back in a week.

Finally, while i'm not denying how painful an infected tooth is, it does seem that you have a very low pain threshold/high pain fear. In your other thread you were expecting morphine for the extraction. Ridiculous.

amen sister
Reply 61
Original post by GeographyEllie
If you actually bothered to read on before jumping down my throat, you would see that I corrected myself and said that what I said was wrong.

People are far to quick to make comments on people's mistakes on here.

To be fair to Helenia, I can't see anywhere that you corrected yourself re your ENT comment.
Reply 62
Original post by GeographyEllie
If you actually bothered to read on before jumping down my throat, you would see that I corrected myself and said that what I said was wrong.

People are far to quick to make comments on people's mistakes on here.

No you didn't, you corrected your first post and then talked about needing ENT referral.

And yes, I am quick to comment when people suggest misusing already stretched medical services.

Quick Reply

Latest