The Student Room Group

Student loan

I am going to put in my student finance application that I don't want a loan, as if I get into my firm I won't need a loan. However, my insurance does require me to take out a student loan, can I not apply for student loans in my application and then if I don't get the grades for my firm in August, can I change it to taking out a student loan? Or can I only choose once?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is easy and quicker to cancel than to apply.

Apply as normal at the correct time because if you wait until August you are unlikely to get the money in time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raymankiing
I am going to put in my student finance application that I don't want a loan, as if I get into my firm I won't need a loan. However, my insurance does require me to take out a student loan, can I not apply for student loans in my application and then if I don't get the grades for my firm in August, can I change it to taking out a student loan? Or can I only choose once?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In your situation, it would be a quicker process if you applied for funding for your insurance place first. If you go to your firm, you can simply call SFE to tell them you're going to your firm and you don't need a loan. Otherwise if you apply for your firm, and end up going to your insurance, it can take around 6 weeks + for them to assess an application, and at that time of year I'd expect delays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending