The Student Room Group

Someone help me...Theory test.....

Has anyone done their theory test this year? thanks
Reply 1
anyone?
Get the DSA app

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I have- what help do you want? The DSA app is really good btw.
Reply 4
Original post by trasitszy
I have- what help do you want? The DSA app is really good btw.

do you know the questions on the official DSA THEORY TEST book are they identical to the questions you get in the real test?
Moved to Motoring :smile:
Original post by games211
Has anyone done their theory test this year? thanks

I did it a few weeks ago and passed, anything I can help with?
Reply 7
Original post by SparkleFairy
I did it a few weeks ago and passed, anything I can help with?

How are the question phrased...are they identical to the books?
How did you revise for it...
Reply 8
dont bother with books, get a CD, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Test-Success-Tests-Edition/dp/1843265753/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387229659&sr=8-1&keywords=theory+cd i used the one in the link, on my theory there was literally one multiple choice question i had not seen on that CD,

i got 50/50 like a boss

hazard perception is a little more difficult though

I used a driving theory DVD to revise, make sure you practice the Hazard Perception clips lots as they can be tricky to get the hang of.
Yes they are the same as the ones you get online except the last few questions will be in the form of a case study, where there's a short description of someones journey and you have to answer questions on it (4 I think?).
Good luck :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by SparkleFairy
I used a driving theory DVD to revise, make sure you practice the Hazard Perception clips lots as they can be tricky to get the hang of.
Yes they are the same as the ones you get online except the last few questions will be in the form of a case study, where there's a short description of someones journey and you have to answer questions on it (4 I think?).
Good luck :smile:

CASE STUDY?? will i get away by memorising the book and doing the clips?
CASE STUDY?? will i get away by memorising the book and doing the clips?

Yes you will!
By case study I mean it's more of a narrative i.e. A women left her friends house with her baby in the front seat. After a while visibility became significantly reduced. And so on then they will ask you a question like What should the women do before placing her baby in the front seat, and the answer would be deactivate the passenger airbag, or what should the women do when visibility is reduced, answer; use her fog lights.
Do you see what I mean? It's honestly not bad!

hey i did my theory test during my school holidays within two weeks of revising and got 50 (all the questions right ) on the multiple choice questions and 70 on hazard perception

you can borrow those dvds on theory tests from the library or buy them,read the syllabus they give to you and do the questions all the time you can even do them online for free with the hazard video clips just look online for hazard perception online and click on hazards you can see before they are really noticeable

during the exam you have an hour or more if you finish early with the questions go through them until your head hurts so that you can get every question right the dvla have a pdf online of the theory test book with all the signs and stuff also iphone apps really helped me big time such as the aa one and others i forgot the name too

i wish you the best and remember it doesn't matter if you pass or fail because you always have the opportunity to do it again, and when you do pass treat yourself (i went to nandos :smile:)
Reply 13
Original post by sophiamarni
hey i did my theory test during my school holidays within two weeks of revising and got 50 (all the questions right ) on the multiple choice questions and 70 on hazard perception

you can borrow those dvds on theory tests from the library or buy them,read the syllabus they give to you and do the questions all the time you can even do them online for free with the hazard video clips just look online for hazard perception online and click on hazards you can see before they are really noticeable

during the exam you have an hour or more if you finish early with the questions go through them until your head hurts so that you can get every question right the dvla have a pdf online of the theory test book with all the signs and stuff also iphone apps really helped me big time such as the aa one and others i forgot the name too

i wish you the best and remember it doesn't matter if you pass or fail because you always have the opportunity to do it again, and when you do pass treat yourself (i went to nandos :smile:)

thanks ..lol Nandos :colondollar:
thanks ..lol Nandos :colondollar:

it was so awesome felt so proud of myself( im such a loner)
Reply 15
i AM SO SCARREDDD MY TEST IS TOMORROW...I HAVE DONE 6 MOCKS AND FAILED 2 AT THE START...but im nervous that none of the questions will come... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending