Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

McDonalds v Burger King

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
  • View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
    McDonalds
    44.51%
    Burger King
    29.48%
    Neither - I am vegetarian
    3.47%
    Neither - I am against evil global corporations
    5.20%
    I like both equally
    1.73%
    Neither - Some other reason (please state)
    14.45%
    I don't know
    1.16%

• 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you prefer?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't eaten either in over 3 years after I read the book "Fast Food Nation." Boo...
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither - I am vegetarian
    You are aware that they have vegetarian options, right? Hell, McDonald's has had vegetarian food ever since I was in primary school.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    You are aware that they have vegetarian options, right? Hell, McDonald's has had vegetarian food ever since I was in primary school.
    Yeah, but you can't really compare McDonalds and Burger King based on a veggie burger and chips! Though if some vegetarians eat there, then of course, the other options are open to them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Erm Macdonalds 'veggie burger' was never actually vegetarian. It was made with vegetables but was cooked in meat fat. That is why it was never approved by the vegetarian society but the veggie burger in Burger King was. Also the bean burger in Burger King is also cooked in meat fat so is not approved.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I voted for neither. I just could not bring myself to eat another morsel of food from either of them, knowing the cuts of meat they use and having visited American McDonalds that tell you about all of the fat and sodium content :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lub macdonald's, specially french fries....yummmmm.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Probably McD here, BK have yet to beat the McFlurry
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last time I ate BK I was sick half an hour later, so if I had to choose, McD. McD provided sustenance on my interrailing trip when there was no other choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i prefure burger kings burgers but then i prefure mcdonalds chips
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither, because its like choosing between watching the national paint drying chapionships and big brother.
    You don't do either if you can at all help it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    both suck; crap fast foods and drinks!..i may eat it when im really let down and depressed!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do like them equally. The Big King is nice and the QuarterPounder too.
    BK has the Angus though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both provide food of an abysmal quality.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, and the chips are way better at McDonalds
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiman)
    Both provide food of an abysmal quality.
    True, but the McD 5 minutes down the road is rather handy when I can't be arsed cooking
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maccys have food poisoned me before and anyway, the food tastes like entrails!

Burger King urgh, ditto, except their fries are nice because they're fried in pig fat, or so I hear. :eek:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's not really what I'd call food. But if I have an urge for rubbish, it's McDonalds. I don't really go to either very often.

BK gave me chips that taste of bleach. So I don't go to that branch at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lived next to bk last academic year (just gone). Mcd's was a further 30metres down the road. BK is better, and the fat woman gave me free burgers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Maccys have food poisoned me before and anyway, the food tastes like entrails!
    That could be for a reason :eek:
Updated: July 11, 2006
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.