The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

McDonalds, only because they do scrumptious vanilla milkshakes and Burger King don't...
schmitz
That could be for a reason :eek:

Oh no, NO .... ARGHH McEntrails? *voms*
Reply 22
Burger King! Mmmm.
Reply 23
McDonalds hands down every time always forever. Surely? Burger King is nowhere near as good, but they do a good strawberry milkshake (very fruity).
I just got sent a £5 voucher by McDonalds, so I shoooould say them...but the burgers from BK are loads nicer and don't taste as though they've been lovingly boiled in fat (however much of an illusion that impression may actually be).
Reply 25
Konstantine
I just got sent a £5 voucher by McDonalds, so I shoooould say them...but the burgers from BK are loads nicer and don't taste as though they've been lovingly boiled in fat (however much of an illusion that impression may actually be).
I've never really been fond of BK, myself...actually, I'm not too keen on McD, either, but I'll take it as a last resort :smile:

Heh, ever seen Supersize Me? The part where Morgan meets the guy who eats Big Macs every day? I found it hilarious when he went on about how he only once ate something from Burger King, as a bet for $5 or something, then once he got his money he went straight to McDonalds and used the money he won to get a Big Mac :biggrin:
Reply 26
Working as a Floor Manager at a McDonalds myself, i am obviously having a hugely biased opinion of whom to choose. But it makes me laugh how ridiculously clueless most people are of the quality if McDonalds food. Let me shed some insight to you all.

The fat that ALL Deep fried products are cooked in is Vegetable Oil

The burgers have NO ADDED FAT, they are grilled in their own fat which is the same content as the stuff you buy from Morrisons.

The fries are McCains and are inspected before being despatched from the McCain factory.

ALL Chicken McDonald's uses is 100% breast. Nothing else.

The difference between milkshake and icecream is the sugar content, and the icecream is served a few degree's cooler than Milkshake. You can actually make icecream out of the Milkshake mix. This is all fresh milk and is thrown away after 4 days in our chillers.

The Vegetable Deli sandwich is Vegetarian Approved, it will NEVER come into contact with anything related to meat, other than our hands (and we have to wear fresh gloves every time we make one).

If ever our storage temperatures are breached (-18C for Frozen, 4C for Chilled) the food is thrown away.

If our meat products do not go above a minimal internal temperature of 70C they are also thrown away.

I have no problem people bashing McDonald's at all. But when people spout mindless drivel about the food it irritates me. The food you would buy from a Market Stall is of much worse quality than what we use. MCDonalds' procedures are checked by EHO's regularly, if it wasn't safe, it wouldn't be served.

As a note: I am only a part time FM at McDonald's. I don't intend it to be my career path as i am starting uni in September, but this post is a little inside info on how we work :wink:
burger king all the way!!! maccy d burgers are scum...

but - sausage and egg mccmuffins are f**kin awesome!
Reply 28
McDo for fries
Burger King for Burger
Dalimyr
You are aware that they have vegetarian options, right? Hell, McDonald's has had vegetarian food ever since I was in primary school.

Technically, the veggie options are not always suitable for vegetarians as the burgers re cooked in the same oil as the meat burgers...

Anyhows, I clicked the veggie option, even though I'm a vegan.

I haven't eaten in MCDonalds or Burger King for over 5 years, and I don't plan to.

I hate McDonalds in particular, mainly because of the crap which they put in their food. It's quite shocking how much sugar is in a portion of chips, and the whole of a child's RDA of fat can be found in a McDonald's cheese burger and chips...
Reply 30
Kay Eff Cee
Reply 31
Even though I hate the thought of eating the transfats and the impact it will have on my health, I must say Maccy D's is sometimes quite yummy-spesh the fillet o fish! Havent had burger king in years 'cos I never see one! Although in Mayday Hospital there is a Burger King..seems ironic somehow! A place that's supposed to help people get better, yet allowing a fast food giant to, um, kill* people with heart disease etc by allowing junk food to be served!

*Ah I'm sure someone knows what I mean, even though I'm expressing it really badly!!!!
Reply 32
guitargirl03
Technically, the veggie options are not always suitable for vegetarians as the burgers re cooked in the same oil as the meat burgers...

Anyhows, I clicked the veggie option, even though I'm a vegan.

I haven't eaten in MCDonalds or Burger King for over 5 years, and I don't plan to.

I hate McDonalds in particular, mainly because of the crap which they put in their food. It's quite shocking how much sugar is in a portion of chips, and the whole of a child's RDA of fat can be found in a McDonald's cheese burger and chips...

Another clueless poster. I suggest you read my post, and no a childs RDA of fat is not found in a cheeseburger and regular fries.

Where do you get this rubbish from? The veggie patties are cooked in their own fryers. If the fryer becomes contaminated the oil is changed. What is the "crap" that they put in their food? Please tell me, as you obviously know more than I do.

One more thing, the sugar in McDonalds fries is the exact same quantity as that in McCains chips you buy in the Supermarket.
Reply 33
My Mum gets an ''emergency workers'' discount in Maccy D's..hehe!
Reply 34
I'm sorry, but both of them make me feel ill ...
Reply 35
Neither, both taste like crap. I'll stick with my real food, thanks.

Creepy, are you actually trying to suggest McDonald's is healthy? It's all complete crap. There's probably more nutritional value in the styrofoam box than the soggy contents within.
creepy1986
Another clueless poster. I suggest you read my post, and no a childs RDA of fat is not found in a cheeseburger and regular fries.

Where do you get this rubbish from? The veggie patties are cooked in their own fryers. If the fryer becomes contaminated the oil is changed. What is the "crap" that they put in their food? Please tell me, as you obviously know more than I do.

One more thing, the sugar in McDonalds fries is the exact same quantity as that in McCains chips you buy in the Supermarket.

I've actually done my own research on McDonalds food ingrediants as part of my media project early this year. I found a website which listed the fat content of McDonalds products, and I found that a cheeseburger and chips contained almost a child's RDA of fat.

Also, my friend works in McDonalds, and he told me that they cooked the veggie burgers in the same oil as the meat burgers, but of course, that's not always true in every 'restaurant'.

I don't pretend to know everything about McDonalds, and I think you'll find that I wasn't having a go, I was simply explaining my reasons behind why I don't eat MCDonalds, which I have supported. Granted, I haven't, currently got a weblink, as I can't find the research at the moment.
Dalimyr
You are aware that they have vegetarian options, right? Hell, McDonald's has had vegetarian food ever since I was in primary school.

Yes but some stupid branches cross contaminate the products when cooking products as I heard from Watchdog many years ago. The last fast food restaurant I bought from was KFC and had this veggie wrap and it was well nice. No idea if they still do it now.
bleurgh :puke: neither - both make me feel sick, and that was before reading Fast Food Nation :smile: I've eaten both before and didn't like any of it. However, I'm not a preachy healthy nut in any sense, as I have Pizza Hut and my local Chinese on speed dial :smile:
My boyfriend worked in a McD's untill a few weeks ago he tells me that...
When you eat the buns untoasted they taste like sugar paper...
He tasted the syrup that goes in strawberry milkshakes once and he could taste it for days...
The air conditioning was broken in the branch that he worked, so the temperature in the kitchen can be about 35 degrees in summer (surely a bad thing)...
The beef and chicken burgers are cooked on the same grill and swim in eachothers fat.....
The veggi deli sandwedges are made with random bits of frozen veg that come in a big plastic tub...
They sell about three salads a week
It's all very well saying that maccys food is made with regular meat, vegetables and dairy. But its the stuff like the sauces, processed cheese, and the stablisers, salt and sugar in the bread that gets yi. They kinda leave these out in the adverts and such...
Even tho I know all this stuff, I still find that you can't beat a quater pounder meal sometimes <3 maccys can be gorgeous in moderation!

Latest