The Student Room Group

Nursing at Kingston University Sep 2014 intake

Hiii
I've been offered a place at Kingston for the September intake Adult nursing :smile: Sooo pleased!!
Is there anyone else who is also starting at this time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey yasmin!

When did you had youre interview? I had mine on the 27th nov. And still havent heard anything from them yet :frown: really worried. But, congrats on getting an offer :smile: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmin3
Hiii
I've been offered a place at Kingston for the September intake Adult nursing :smile: Sooo pleased!!

Congratulations! I've applied for OT but I have a friend who's been given an interview for adult nursing at Kingston. Could you give me any tips/advice on the interview I could pass on to her? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by chezkann09
Hey yasmin!

When did you had youre interview? I had mine on the 27th nov. And still havent heard anything from them yet :frown: really worried. But, congrats on getting an offer :smile: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the interview exactly one week ago today! & found out the following day when I was on the train back to Newcastle!! Thank you :smile:
Aw have you not, there's still plenty of time hun. I wouldn't worry too much.
How did you find the interview?
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine_H

Congratulations! I've applied for OT but I have a friend who's been given an interview for adult nursing at Kingston. Could you give me any tips/advice on the interview I could pass on to her? :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Definitely tell her to revise the sample test for the maths! I was more nervous for the maths to be honest but it was completely fine. The interview is a great way of getting to know our personalities, qualities, strengths and weaknesses. As long as your friend is honest and shows the motivation she has for this career choice then she will be fine. I was myself throughout about everything! Oh and tell her to practice role play because she will have to take part in this during the interview at some point.
Reply 5
Original post by yasmin3
I had the interview exactly one week ago today! & found out the following day when I was on the train back to Newcastle!! Thank you :smile:
Aw have you not, there's still plenty of time hun. I wouldn't worry too much.
How did you find the interview?

Oh is it? That was a really quick reply then! Lucky you, you can at least relax for now :smile: hehe what offer did you get?

Nope not yet, i really hate waiting lol i always get this thought of 'i might have been forgotten or something' haha. Well before the interview i was so nervous but then after moving to the next stations i felt more comfortable and like got used to it. Hehe so yea thanks god for that lol.. How bout you how did you find yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by chezkann09
Oh is it? That was a really quick reply then! Lucky you, you can at least relax for now :smile: hehe what offer did you get?

Nope not yet, i really hate waiting lol i always get this thought of 'i might have been forgotten or something' haha. Well before the interview i was so nervous but then after moving to the next stations i felt more comfortable and like got used to it. Hehe so yea thanks god for that lol.. How bout you how did you find yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They phoned me to tell me that they wanted to offer me a place as I done well in the interview. Reason being so soon is because it would not appear on ucas until after Christmas. I have all my qualifications already so I quess its unconditional.. eeek! I've actually turned down two interviews since as im really happy with Kingston.
I found it ok but I honestly thought that I messed up during the role play!
Where are you from hun?
Reply 7
why did u choose kingston?
Reply 8
Original post by yasmin3
Hiii

Congratulations on your offer!
About the roleplay - what is that like? Does the interviewer pretend to be a patient and you have to act with them or something? Sorry if this is a silly question lol.
Reply 9
Original post by LPB
Congratulations on your offer!
About the roleplay - what is that like? Does the interviewer pretend to be a patient and you have to act with them or something? Sorry if this is a silly question lol.

It's fine once you get into the swing of it hun. It may not be about a patient, mine was something totally irrelevant to nursing itself. Just go along with it and be yourself, exactly what you would say/do in the situation x
Reply 10
Original post by pharmaboy
why did u choose kingston?

Hi!
I only applied for universities in London and Kingston was one of my first choices.. I think the hospitals surrounding are great for placements and the university itself looks lovely. I found my self unusually comfortable at the interview and felt it's definitely where I want to be.
Original post by yasmin3
Thank you :smile:
Definitely tell her to revise the sample test for the maths! I was more nervous for the maths to be honest but it was completely fine. The interview is a great way of getting to know our personalities, qualities, strengths and weaknesses. As long as your friend is honest and shows the motivation she has for this career choice then she will be fine. I was myself throughout about everything! Oh and tell her to practice role play because she will have to take part in this during the interview at some point.

Thanks so much for the reply :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by yasmin3
Hi!
I only applied for universities in London and Kingston was one of my first choices.. I think the hospitals surrounding are great for placements and the university itself looks lovely. I found my self unusually comfortable at the interview and felt it's definitely where I want to be.

are you from london or outside? if not from london then would u be living in halls?
Reply 13
hi,
i have been offered a place at kingston as well, but i will be doing childrens nursing.
Reply 14
Original post by pharmaboy
are you from london or outside? if not from london then would u be living in halls?

I'm from Newcastle but currently living in Alicante. Yes I'll be living in the halls
Reply 15
Original post by Maryjane94
hi,
i have been offered a place at kingston as well, but i will be doing childrens nursing.

Ahh great :smile:
Will you be staying in the halls?
Reply 16
Original post by yasmin3
Ahh great :smile:

Yes i think so x
Reply 17
Hey Yasmin! Yes I've been given a unconditional for Adult nursing at Kingston starting September too!
Reply 18
Awww really. That's great!
Reply 19
My missus applied just before the deadline for Kingston, but is yet to hear back, do you think this means she won't get an offer for an interview? Or are people still hearing about it? Would they reply if she hadn't got an offer anyway?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest