The Student Room Group

bf thinks I'm cheating

I hope someone can help me with this. Last night, my boyfriend was looking through my phone and cam across a text message that read ‘hey sexy, I’ll send it tomorrow ok promoise? Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’

He straight away got the wrong end of the stick and walked out. He’s now refusing to talk to me, and keeps asking me (over text) why I’ve cheated on him.

I haven’t done anything of the sort. That message was from a friend in uni who I asked to send me a picture of his new hair style. He’s always been one of those openly flirty type guys. He’s like it to everyone. Now I’ve tried telling my boyfriend this over and over, but he still 100% believes I have been cheating on him.

So, yeah to make a long story short, he’s dumped me, over NOTHING at all. Is there anything I can do? I mean he obv doesn’t trust me one bit. But at the end of the day, I love him, and will try anything I can to get him back. I mean we've been togerther for two and a half years, it's not worth throwing this away over something so misunderstood.

Thanks all

Scroll to see replies

obviously this relationship has trust issues. in order for it to work, both sides must trust each other. Your (ex)boyfriend is being VERY AND COMPLETELY unreasonable and he doesn't even want to listen to you! I say you're better off without him. I still love my ex, but after all the bastard things he did to me, no way will I take him back.

Trust. That's your problem.
Reply 2
aww how can he do that over one text when he didnt even understand the context in which it was used??! Have you explained it to him? get a close friend perhaps to speak to him if he refuses to talk to you.

how about getting the guy who sent the text to tell your boyfriend the truth and apologise..maybe your boyfriend will believe you..

This would put a strain on the relationship if you get back together but hopefully you can work on it so things go back to normal..

hope it works out :hugs:
Do you really want to go out with someone that doesn't trust you? I think that trust is probably one of the most important, if not the most important aspect and if he doesn't trust you, he is not worth your time.

Also sounds like he may be a little insecure about you cheating but the fact that he didn't give you a chance to explain yourself is totally unfair. The fact that you have been going out 2 and a half years makes his behavour particularly out of order.

I know it is hard to accept it is over but you will find someone better!

Move on
Reply 4
Marie05
aww how can he do that over one text when he didnt even understand the context in which it was used??! Have you explained it to him?

just dont mention that thing, er, that you were into that guy`s new hairstyle! it will finish all off, lol! :biggrin:
Reply 5
By the sounds of it he's being unreasonable, and you probably deserve better! I Basically agree with what friendsfreak88 said...
Reply 6
get back with them then dump him for not trusting you :biggrin:
Reply 7
I always send those kinda messages as a joke to my mates, guys and girls.

I think its totally over the top, it would be ok if he just wondered and asked you about it.

As far as getting him back if you have explained the truth i don't think there is much else you can do. Give him some space and he might change his mind.
Either tell him he's gotta start trusting you or you will end the relationship, clearly he has no trust and is very insecure.
Carl1982
Either tell him he's gotta start trusting you or you will end the relationship, clearly he has no trust and is very insecure.

Exactly so true.
Hayley_2k4
I hope someone can help me with this. Last night, my boyfriend was looking through my phone and cam across a text message that read ‘hey sexy, I’ll send it tomorrow ok promoise? Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’

He straight away got the wrong end of the stick and walked out. He’s now refusing to talk to me, and keeps asking me (over text) why I’ve cheated on him.

I haven’t done anything of the sort. That message was from a friend in uni who I asked to send me a picture of his new hair style. He’s always been one of those openly flirty type guys. He’s like it to everyone. Now I’ve tried telling my boyfriend this over and over, but he still 100% believes I have been cheating on him.

So, yeah to make a long story short, he’s dumped me, over NOTHING at all. Is there anything I can do? I mean he obv doesn’t trust me one bit. But at the end of the day, I love him, and will try anything I can to get him back. I mean we've been togerther for two and a half years, it's not worth throwing this away over something so misunderstood.

Thanks all

Thought you wanted to get with the guy from work anyway?
Wonderboy Blue
Thought you wanted to get with the guy from work anyway?

Think that was another girl but i remember what your talking about though i think.
I have a photographic memory.

Here is the evidence also:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=239610

The OP has no reason to complain and should just get with the guy from work.
Reply 13
Wonderboy Blue

Funny how people change their tune! He must have other reasons and maybe thought this was the easy way out. Maybe he read about the thread and the workmate! Lol.
Reply 14
good luck to him.

even though he got the wrong idea he got the right message :wink:
Wonderboy Blue

Yes now i remember i even replied to it, i can see why he's got trust issues now.
I was going to suggest getting your guy friend to talk to him and explain. But considering your other thread is he really so wrong for not trusting you? :confused:
I don't know why she just doesn't do the right thing and end it first, least then her b.f can get someone he deserves.
Reply 18
Maybe he was just looking for an excuse?
Depends, is it more "OMG...he dumped me." or "Ok, single...what do I do now? I'm not used to this, arrgghhh, I want him back!" or perhaps "I miss him"? Maybe work out how you feel and if it was working anyway. G'd luck whatever.
Reply 19
Jesus christ, he was acting unreasonably but why is everyone's first advice here always to just split up? Are love and relationships just disposable and self-indulgent to most people?

Latest

Trending

Trending