The Student Room Group

Is Suarez reaching the levels of Messi and Ronaldo?

Scroll to see replies

Suarez is reaching the levels of Thierry Henry and RVN a decade ago.
Reply 41
Nope, he's definitely in that bracket below with Ibra, Ribery, Iniesta etc.

Hard to say but he has been fantastic this season and last. Last season's opening game against WBA and he missed chances to score and I thought Liverpool need to buy a goalscorer because Suarez to me is a number 10. But he's proved me wrong. 17 goals and if he carries, should easily break the PL record.
Reply 42
Original post by Manchester United
No he isn't.

In the same way Falcao wasn't on the same level about a year ago.
In the same way Bale wasn't on the same level about seven months ago.
In the same way Ribery wasn't on the same level about six months ago.
In the same way Ibrahimovic wasn't on the same level about one month ago.
In the same way Diego Costa wasn't on the same level three weeks ago.
In the same way Aguero wasn't on the same level about two weeks ago.

When one of these '3rd best in the world contenders' can outscore Messi and Ronaldo, then they are not on the same level.

Ronaldo and Messi are the greatest ever. I don't think anyone will reach their level for a long, long time.

I'm a Liverpool fan and I agree with this.

Messi and Ronaldo are the undisputed best, and the other players you've listed attract a variety of arguments regarding their talent. Nobody argues that Messi/Ronaldo are so dangerous though.
Reply 43
Original post by Manchester United
No he isn't.

In the same way Falcao wasn't on the same level about a year ago.
In the same way Bale wasn't on the same level about seven months ago.
In the same way Ribery wasn't on the same level about six months ago.
In the same way Ibrahimovic wasn't on the same level about one month ago.
In the same way Diego Costa wasn't on the same level three weeks ago.
In the same way Aguero wasn't on the same level about two weeks ago.

When one of these '3rd best in the world contenders' can outscore Messi and Ronaldo, then they are not on the same level.

Ronaldo and Messi are the greatest ever. I don't think anyone will reach their level for a long, long time.

Great post. Suarez this season has kicked on and hit the level that Messi/Ronaldo have been at for the last 4/5 years or whatever its been. But that's the difference. A few months compared to a few years.
If he can keep his current level of form going for another few seasons, he will get there.
He has just scored two goals today and it's half-time. Unbelievable to think he might score 20 league goals before the new year despite his lengthy ban.
Consistency is the key but the way hes playing right now he is having a Ronaldo and Messi'esqe season! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest