The Student Room Group

Please!!

hello :smile: I am picking my alevels soon and have narrowed It down to 5 and have to narrow further to 4. my possible options are history, theatre studies--both definitely keeping on!! then biology, English literature or French ... my question is what possible careers are open to me and what are these subjects like at alevel. thanks :smile:
lol theatre studies...
What a soft soft subject.

Drop it.
Reply 2
Biology, English lit and French are all respected subjects so it doesn't matter which two you pick. I did both english lit and biology they are both good bit with biology there is a lot to learn and some of the topics are a little dull. With history and english lit you can do most art and humanities degrees and French would be more useful than biology in these areas as you could combine your studies with French too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
its not a soft subject!! its a creative and intensive course that requires good English as their is a hell of a lot of essay writing. no alevel is easy !!
Reply 4
Adding English and French would be cool. Degrees wise i imagine stuff like politics, law, english, IR etc would be open to you.
Original post by sarah09_
Biology, English lit and French are all respected subjects so it doesn't matter which two you pick. I did both english lit and biology they are both good bit with biology there is a lot to learn and some of the topics are a little dull. With history and english lit you can do most art and humanities degrees and French would be more useful than biology in these areas as you could combine your studies with French too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you:smile: what is English literature like?? eg the workload ect ?? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by cookiecrumblexx
thank you:smile: what is English literature like?? eg the workload ect ?? :smile:

It's okay, less than my other subjects(biology and maths) although you have to write lots of essays outside and in lessons this is pretty much the majority of work for the year, except for recapping things before the exam. Also, for my course (AQA litB) at A2 you have to learn the quotes by heart as you can't have your book in the exam, but you don't really have time to use your book anyway so it's not too bad. Hope this helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest