The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is Incest actually wrong?

Okay a few facts about me before i get to the actual post I am gay myself and I don't believe in incest but its just a thought I had after watching the movie 'From beginning to the end' Its basically about two brothers who end up having a sexual relationship. At one point in the movie the parents are talking about how the boys are "too close" to which the mother replies "we can't tell them its wrong can we?'

My question!

Is it in fact morally wrong to suggest that two consenting adults should not have sex because of their relationship? Although being gay is okay it isn't reproductively natural so if you say this is okay and should not be discouraged based on the fact you're saying they are two adults making tier own decision and not causing harm and whatever, why should incest be different?

New thought:

A lot of people seem to be saying that there is no logical argument against it so would you personally look down on someone who was having an ancestral relationship even though you think there is no logic to say its wrong?

For anyone interested I posted a more detail analysis of my thoughts combined a few good arguments I've heard in my blogpost : http://truthbehindtheimage.wordpress.com
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes it's wrong.
Because not only do overwhelmingly most human beings regard it as morally wrong, but it would also cause many biological/genetic problems for the offspring (if the siblings are heterosexual obviously).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
this isn't me trying to persuade people tits right just trying to discuss the logic behind it how one can be right and one wrong
Please don't make me feel sick
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Because not only do overwhelmingly most human beings regard it as morally wrong, but it would also cause many biological/genetic problems for the offspring (if the siblings are heterosexual obviously).

Most people once regarded freedom of slaves morally correct, popularity is not a good indication of morality.

Incest doesn't produce offspring problems if you use protection, and genetic problems are not as common as most ppl think iirc

cmon guys you can't be a liberal and be against incest
Reply 6
It certainly gives a whole new perspective to 'come at me bro'.
Reply 7
Yes it's wrong and so is homosexuality.
Reply 8
Original post by zohaib01
Okay a few facts about me before i get to the actual post I am gay myself and I don't believe in incest but its just a thought I had after watching the movie 'From beginning to the end' Its basically about two brothers who end up having a sexual relationship. At one point in the movie the parents are talking about how the boys are "too close" to which the mother replies "we can't tell them its wrong can we?'

My question!

Is it in fact morally wrong to suggest that two consenting adults should not have sex because of their relationship? Although being gay is okay it isn't reproductively natural so if you say this is okay and should not be discouraged based on the fact you're saying they are two adults making tier own decision and not causing harm and whatever, why should incest be different?

I don't really see a compelling argument against homosexual incest.
Original post by zohaib01
this isn't me trying to persuade people tits right just trying to discuss the logic behind it how one can be right and one wrong

Homosexuality isn't like incest, come on this doesn't need much logical thought...
Do you like Hovis? Because I've heard you're inter-bred.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are so many people in the world.....why a relative?

So it's also wrong for disabled people to have children then?
Reply 13
Original post by Zahoora17
Yes it's wrong and so is homosexuality.

How insightful. Care to explain?
Reply 14
Although I would find it disgusting personally, I don't see a problem with it if contraception is used.
Reply 15
It depends on whose moral framework you want to live within - your own or society's

Most people live within society's as that's easiest

Creating your own is not a good idea as you will be in a severe minority and will be seem as having broken a major taboo

I would think that it wouldn't be good for your mental health either due to all the opprobrium it would bring on your head from other people
Reply 16
Homosexuality isn't like incest, come on this doesn't need much logical thought...

Im not saying if you can accept homosexuality why not incest on the same principles that their two consenting adults not harming anyone
Original post by Mad Vlad
I don't really see a compelling argument against homosexual incest.

I don't really see one for hetrosexual either

the chances of a genetic defect of any offspring are vastly emphasised, the increase is very tiny

besides it being 'icky' I don't see the problem

if you defend homosexuality on the basis of individual right to privacy i guess it is
Reply 19
Original post by ehiamour
There are so many people in the world.....why a relative?

you can't control your sexual desire so why not is the question what is the actually reason apart from its just wrong?

Latest

Trending

Trending