The Student Room Group

FCO Graduate Internship

Hi guys, wondering if anyone else has applied for this? Or if anyone who's applied in previous years (successfully or unsuccessfully) has anything to share?
Reply 1
I've applied too! Have you guys heard anything yet?
Reply 2
I haven't heard anything. Sure I remember reading somewhere that the interviews would be the 24th of January (?) so we should hopefully hear sometime next week.
Reply 3
How? What skills and qualifications do you have, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks
Reply 4
For the interview, are people planning on using the examples they used on the application form, or thinking of others?
How did the interviews go?
Reply 6
Not feeling very confident, definitely could have done better! How about you?
Reply 7
Hi! Slightly new here and literally just jumping on the moving bandwagon, but has anyone heard back about their FCO interviews yet?
Reply 8
I just have as well, it actually was quite a quick turnaround! Glad I only felt paranoid about it for an hour or so... that's great, congratulations to you! :smile:
Reply 9
Hello to you both, and congratulations Samantha! I was actually about to ask the same thing to you, James - are you both relocating or commuting? I think I'll be commuting...
Reply 10
What?! Is that 2 hours one way or round trip? I think that'll be my commute length, tbh, renting closer to London is ludicrously expensive in places. I'm around Guildford, whereabouts are you just now? I hope there is some kind of intern collection at some point, it'd be nice to actually see who else is in the same boat. If not, maybe we just organise it ourselves!
Reply 11
Original post by james1988
2 hours one way! I live near to Milton Keynes and door to door it will take at least 2 hours each way. I think that of looking at zone 3 so the rent won't be as bad.

I wonder how we will be allocated a department? I must say, I am excited about the scheme. I didn't expect to be in this position by now!

Oh god, that makes much more sense! I'm only 50 minutes outside London on a fast train so I've gotten pretty lucky, location-wise.

I asked in the interview, but they said there was a "sense of mystique" (their exact words, I giggled) about it because they had no idea which departments had applied for interns. So whoever wants interns gets interns, I guess! I'm really excited too, I really thought I had fluffed the interview, you know that dread when you think you could've done so much more? Turned out SO much better than expected!!!
Reply 12
Ah brilliant, that's good. It'd be a bit daunting if we just got thrown into it.

Fair enough on that epic commute! How far north are we talking?!
Reply 13
Hi all, I am also accepted. Has anyone got their security check back yet?
Reply 14
Hi! Congrats! Assuming that all the extra forms have been given out, I guess the security checks are going through fine... no idea, really!

Original post by ACS1
Hi all, I am also accepted. Has anyone got their security check back yet?
Hello. I am really keen to apply for the FCO internship for 2014 so I was hoping you could share a bit about your background and what you think made you stand out? Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending