The Student Room Group

GCSE equivalents ?

Hi everyone,
Looking at some entry requirements, i've started to wonder what was this "GCSE" so i did some research but i'm wondering if the French diplomas are equivalent to a GCSE or if I have to do a one year GCSE programme before i start to study in UK. Could someone help me ?

May someone help me to convert my results? We don't have the same system... I had 14/20 in Maths and 16/20 in English

(the other subject aren't needed for what i wanna do, but here they are : 12/20 in French/Philosophy and 11/20 in modern history )

Thanks !
You probably need to get in touch with wherever you're looking to study. Many places accept international qualifications as equivalents to GCSEs but you'll need to ask wherever you're looking to apply to see how exactly they convert the score.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
You probably need to get in touch with wherever you're looking to study. Many places accept international qualifications as equivalents to GCSEs but you'll need to ask wherever you're looking to apply to see how exactly they convert the score.

Oh okay! Thanks a lot for this info! I was going to desperate, I did a lot of researches in the past hour and I saw "French diplomas aren't equivalent to GCSE" etc etc... I was thinking to work one year and pay the one year GCSE even if I already studied those stuffs in France. You were helpful to me, thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest