The Student Room Group

Which is worse the Daily Mail or the Guardian?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
I would go with the Guardian, purely because nobody takes the DM seriously and yet some actually think the Guardian is a reputable source.

I agree. If you're left wing go with The New Statesman and if you're right go with The Spectator.
Reply 21
like comparing huffpost to fox news. they are both retarded in their own special way.
Reply 22
Original post by Rational Thinker
Your thoughts?

Read this article about Dawkins and Ilslam
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/08/richard-dawkins-tweets-islam-muslim-nobel

Scope out how bad this journalism is. :eek: No quality Control at the Guardian of late
Original post by mimi112
like comparing huffpost to fox news. they are both retarded in their own special way.

I agree.
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/sep/23/how-not-to-be-a-unilad I mean just examine this article note how it shifts all the reponsibility for something bad that might occur onto the male. The awful writer of this is shockingly sanctimonous.
The Guardian because it's just dull. At least the Daily Mail is amusing! :yep:
Reply 26
I agree.

i like you.
Original post by mimi112
i like you.

That's kind of you. :smile:
Original post by ChiefNinja
Probably the daily mail. Whilst the guardian feels a bit crap generally, I get the impression with the daily mail that some of the stuff they do is actually malicious.

I would argue that much of The Guardian is also quite malicious. Both are awful.
Reply 29
That's kind of you. :smile:

you didn't reciprocate :frown:

Original post by mimi112
you didn't reciprocate :frown:

:console:
Reply 31
Daily Male wins the race.
Original post by SoftPunch
Daily Male* wins the race.

Mail*
Reply 33
Mail*

Keep nitpicking. Don't care.
they're both a crock of ****, the daily mail isn't even a paper (tabloid) though the guardian deliberately misleads people into thinking its reputable when really it's a load of horse****e left-wing claptrap
Original post by John Stuart Mill
they're both a crock of ****, the daily mail isn't even a paper (tabloid) though the guardian deliberately misleads people into thinking its reputable when really it's a load of horse****e left-wing claptrap

Are you not left wing? If so why have you adopted the name of a 19th century radical?
I think they both have their evils, however I might venture as to say that The Guardian is worse.
Here is why, The Daily Mail is obviously moronic, whereas The Guardian is more inisidious and if you're any of the categories I mentioned in the previous post proceeds to try and make you feel responsible for all the evils in the world. Both are fascism it is just that The Guardian does so with a smiley face.

First of all, The Daily Mail is not obviously moronic because millions idiots in this country believe what it says. Secondly, if you expect to be taken seriously, don't call The Guardian 'fascism'.
Are you not left wing? If so why have you adopted the name of a 19th century radical?

Mr.Mill was a classical economist as well you know. And there's left wing and then there's left wing nonsense.
Original post by John Stuart Mill
Mr.Mill was a classical economist as well you know. And there's left wing and then there's left wing nonsense.

Oh yes, I remember 19th century Liberals were fiscally right.
Oh yes, I remember 19th century Liberals were fiscally right.

I'll sum up my beliefs,

'If there's nothing to conserve, why the hell bother'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending