The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Adult Nursing September 2014 Applicants for Swansea

Hi everyone :biggrin:

I've applied to Swansea University to study adult nursing and have an interview there 17th Jan, anyone know what to expect??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied last week, not heard anything yet. Just wanted to say good luck, sorry I'm not much help!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied about 10 days ago but haven't heard anything yet either. Good luck with your interview tho :-)
Original post by Martine78
I applied about 10 days ago but haven't heard anything yet either. Good luck with your interview tho :-)

I have an interview on the 17th too! Other candidates who had interviews last year, told me to look over the nursing code and keep up to date with the news :smile:
Reply 4
Just heard from Swansea, I have an interview on 21st February :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey Smith96 and RyanRowlands18, how did the interviews go?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by RyanRowlands18
I have an interview on the 17th too! Other candidates who had interviews last year, told me to look over the nursing code and keep up to date with the news :smile:

How did you think the interview went?? Totally different to other interviews I've been to!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sabriel85
Hey Smith96 and RyanRowlands18, how did the interviews go?

Hiya :smile: interview was great - staff and students are friendly and helpful.
No interview at all to he honest. Two group tasks and two scenarios in which you've got to be a nurse to two different types of patients - I guess they want to see how personable you are etc

Hope they get back to you soon!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi everyone,
Very new to this website. Just looking to see if anyone is starting adult nursing at swansea in march 2014 ☺️ ... I agree with the interview , very different to any other I've been too, however different for the better 👍
Reply 9
Hi I have mine on Friday and just wondered if any of you had tips or advice?? x
Reply 10
Original post by Banana :)
Hi I have mine on Friday and just wondered if any of you had tips or advice?? x

Try not to be nervous , its not very intense, the staff and students are lovely, and make you feel very relaxed. The 1st part of the day was a group task, you'll be given a topic to discuss, i dont think they are marking your answers so much but more how you work within a team, listening, responding and contributing .... The individual task is role play, they given you a couple of scenarios ... Hope this is helpful.
Reply 11
Original post by Talia01
Try not to be nervous , its not very intense, the staff and students are lovely, and make you feel very relaxed. The 1st part of the day was a group task, you'll be given a topic to discuss, i dont think they are marking your answers so much but more how you work within a team, listening, responding and contributing .... The individual task is role play, they given you a couple of scenarios ... Hope this is helpful.

That is very helpful. It's the Uni I really, really want to go to. I have had 2 interviews already and have already been offered another uni place, but it's Swansea I want to go to and don't want to mess up. I am doing an access course, and have achieved really good grades (so far) not that it has been easy, family, work etc.. but without sounding ungreatful, I just want to go to Swansea. I am re-locating back west and if I go to any other uni's it will be more than an hour commute. sorry for rattling on. Have you started there yet?? xx
Reply 12
Original post by Banana :)
That is very helpful. It's the Uni I really, really want to go to. I have had 2 interviews already and have already been offered another uni place, but it's Swansea I want to go to and don't want to mess up. I am doing an access course, and have achieved really good grades (so far) not that it has been easy, family, work etc.. but without sounding ungreatful, I just want to go to Swansea. I am re-locating back west and if I go to any other uni's it will be more than an hour commute. sorry for rattling on. Have you started there yet?? xx

I start in march , i live in cardiff and will be commuting. I drive but have been looking into public transport too to maybe save a little money. Perhaps a possible car share when I start too , who knows. I studied access to nursing to, I know excatly what your up against. 😊 fingers crossed for your interview x
Reply 13
Thank you. I live in Bridgend and hoping a couple of the girls on the course are also accepted there then we can do a little car sharing too x
Reply 14
I have an interview on the 21st of feb, can anyone give me any idea on the types of questions they ask you?

Thank you!!!!
Reply 15
Theres not really any questions rachel... Just a group discussion, which was about dignity when I had my interview. With the individual tasks , your given two scenario's and you have to do role play, you being the nurse and someone acting as a patient.

:smile:
Reply 16
I had my Swansea interview on 10th jan, I was so nervous beforehand but it was a really fun day! Hope you all update when offers (hopefully!) come through and I'll do the same :smile:
Reply 17
Hi i had my interview 10th Jan & was offered a place in March very excited. It was a such a good interview technique i thought ... Fingers crossed for anyone waiting for Sept intake x
Reply 18
Hi Talia, is that march 2014? The year didn't show up properly! Well done :smile:

I hope that means no news is good news for me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Has anyone heard back from Swansea following their interview? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest