The Student Room Group

Are glasses uncool?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think glasses can be cool. Some men prefer women with glasses. It can be a very attractive look.
Original post by tehforum
not really answering the question though

There's not really a proper answer though is there.. Some people think they are really geeky and some people love them. Personally I don't mind wearing them. Like I say - I'm well used to them. I've had guys tell me I look nice with them and one guy said something about a sexy secretary look but he was a bit of a perve. I'm thinking of trying contacts though, don't see it going well
Original post by What_me?
If you wear glasses, give me a heads up. Someone today told me they weren't and that 'no one wears 'um unless you lose your contacts'. I wear glasses and I'm pretty sure that loads other people do too. :s-smilie:

From an evolutionary perspective, people who sport spectables are the losers. There aint going to be opticians during Nostradamus, you're going to be in the muck searching for your glasses when everyone is running for their lives.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
I used to hate wearing mine at school. But I wear them all the time at uni. I've got a nice pair as well, which helps. Ray Bans :h:
OP, you really need to have a look at this. It's like the most awesome thing in the world! :ahee:

My eyesight started deteriorating since I was born -- I was distressed at birth. I've been wearing glasses since I was 5yo and I HATE THEM. :mad: It's not that they're uncool or whatever, they're just so inconvenient. I'm getting contact lenses veeery soon and am hoping to get laser eye surgery whenever I have disposable income.

I often get complimented on my glasses and soo many people have said that they wish they could also wear glasses but I just don't understand the fascination. I'd say they are cool because those stupid indie/hipster glasses were popular once upon a time, and also because geeks/nerds are very 'in'.
Reply 25
I have noticed I get a lot more compliments when I wear my glasses (which I am meant to wear every minute of the day) than when I take them off for pictures.

Some people really do look better in glasses and they look cool and some don't. I don't find glasses cool or uncool, they are just something that some people have to wear.
Reply 26
Original post by 2ndClass
They're cute on girls.

OMG SO KAWAII

Reply 27
Original post by Red one
OMG SO KAWAII

lol at the website name :biggrin:
They are uncool but I still wear them almost all the time because contacts are just fussy and bleh.
Reply 29
I usually wear contacts but Ive been wearing my glasses a bit more now the past year or so. Ive recieved compliments about them and I know plently of people who wear them and suit them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love wearing my glasses :smile:

Spoiler

I believe glasses can be cool - depending on the frames and whether they suit the wearer.
I wear glasses, however, because I need them - with a +8 prescription at the moment it's pretty impossible to have contacts or laser-eye surgery.
Sometimes I get quite annoyed by people who wear glasses who don't need them, it feels like you're being mocked; 'Derp, I don't really need to wear glasses...I'm not blind like you...but I'll wear them anyway just remind you that you have no choice but to wear glasses...mwahahahaha' :unimpressed:

Sorry...rant over.
Not when you look like me they aren't.
Nope not at all, I got a lot of flak at primary school for wearing them unfortunately :frown: alas kids are so cruel.
Reply 34
It's not uncool. What the hell, not like you stick them on your face to look cool or uncool. It helps you see, nuff said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest