The Student Room Group

Do guys find girls with short hair (pixie cut, bob etc) attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Harley
So a girl with long hair but a masculine jaw line etc would still be sexier and more feminine than me? Haha I wondered how long it would be before the lesbian remark would be made :rolleyes:

People saying these sort of things really make you feel like **** when you don't suit wearing your hair long or you can't because you have very fine hair.

No. There's a lot of possible combinations. There's girls that no matter what haircut or clothes they put on will still be manly, but in a more common scenario where both a girl have the representative features of female gender, the one with long hair will have more chances of being more feminine and sexy.

Well, just like people saying a black person is a robber cause the colour of his skin, or people assuming a person is gay because of his music taste.. That's society girl, face it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xxcora
From a guys point of view, do you find girls with short hair attractive?
I have a pixie cut and i see myself as attractive/beautiful as the next girl with 16" weave
Just curious on perspectives

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe be you can make a poll?
Reply 42
Original post by SikO124
No. There's a lot of possible combinations. There's girls that no matter what haircut or clothes they put on will still be manly, but in a more common scenario where both a girl have the representative features of female gender, the one with long hair will have more chances of being more feminine and sexy.

Well, just like people saying a black person is a robber cause the colour of his skin, or people assuming a person is gay because of his music taste.. That's society girl, face it.

Ah okay. Guess I should just get used to being unattractive to the majority of men then :frown:

Well I'd say both those things are unfair to assume and are prejudiced.
Original post by Harley
Ah okay. Guess I should just get used to being unattractive to the majority of men then :frown:

If you feel comfortable with it, rock it.

I used to have very long hair and it dragged my face down, had it cut a couple of years ago now and felt so much better. I feel more confident with my hair as it is now, granted it's not as short as yours is in your picture but it's what one would say is a short hairstyle.
Reply 44
Original post by Harley

As you said before, not everything is hairstyle. And when it comes to attraction, a lot of other factors influence: face, personality, body.. :biggrin:

I know, but we can't do much about it, can we?
Reply 45
Original post by AmbaLaBamba
If you feel comfortable with it, rock it.

I used to have very long hair and it dragged my face down, had it cut a couple of years ago now and felt so much better. I feel more confident with my hair as it is now, granted it's not as short as yours is in your picture but it's what one would say is a short hairstyle.

It's sort of hard to feel comfortable and rock it when basically everything you read online or in magazines says it's ugly :frown:
Original post by Harley
It's sort of hard to feel comfortable and rock it when basically everything you read online or in magazines says it's ugly :frown:

True, however it is getting to be quite popular especially among celebrities this year.

I have a 'don't give a ****' attitude to whatever other people say, if I like it then I'm happy.
Amber rose springs to mind, she looks good with short hair.........But she would definitely look even better with long hair.
Reply 48
Original post by AmbaLaBamba
True, however it is getting to be quite popular especially among celebrities this year.

I have a 'don't give a ****' attitude to whatever other people say, if I like it then I'm happy.

I wish I could have that attitude haha, I'm so self-conscious of what other people think of me :s-smilie:
Reply 49
Original post by JaiiStarh
If you're already pretty, short hair will bring out your facial features more, so I'm sure any guy would love that.

Tell Anne Hathaway (I know she did it for a film) and Emma Watson that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Harley
I wish I could have that attitude haha, I'm so self-conscious of what other people think of me :s-smilie:

I used to care, then I just started doing what I liked and forgot about what other people thought.

If they like it then great, if they don't then I'm not fussed, they can think what they please. Cutting my hair shorter is something I don't regret doing, if some men don't like it then that's fine, their attitude doesn't suit me either. :biggrin:
Reply 51
Wouldn't it depend on the type of hair? My hair worn long tends to make me look like a little old librarian cat lady since it's sorta wavy to curly, dark and thin and if I don't tie it up, it looks like a tribble glommed onto my head.
Reply 52
Not really. Some very attractive girls pull it of but they would usually look better with longer hair. It works for some people and it doesn't mean you can't be attractive but in my opinion most girls would look better with longer hair. As others have said longer hair is more feminine.
Original post by Deshi
Tell Anne Hathaway (I know she did it for a film) and Emma Watson that.

I think they both looked amazing with short hair. Especially Hathaway, she could wear pretty much any hairstyle and still look stunning. I'm sure you wouldn't say no to either, short hair or not lol.
Reply 54
Original post by james1211
I wasn't complimenting you personally, i haven't even seen what you hair looks like! I was speaking in general terms. It depends how it's done.

Lmao i know,
How can you compliment what you havent seen?
Im saying thanks for your positive and comment that isnt ignorant nor unjustified

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by Maid Marian
I'm a girl, but I don't think short hair cuts are nice at all :no:

Havent seen good examples clearly,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Cucurbita
Absolutely hate pixie cuts. I like my females to be feminine

How is it not feminine?
How does hair define femininity?
Be real,
So you'd rather go for someone thats facially ugly with long tresses than someone with a beautiful face and short hair that ISNT an unflattering cut or something a man would necessarily get?
Right.. Makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Harley
So I'm not feminine?

Your hair isn't, no.
Reply 58
OP, don't bother asking here.

TSR is not a decent representation of men's opinions in general.

If you're into short hair, you go ahead and rock it. I think it can make for a really unique look and actually be quite sexy.
Reply 59
Original post by xxcora
Lmao i know,
How can you compliment what you havent seen?
Im saying thanks for your positive and comment that isnt ignorant nor unjustified

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. I thought you meant you just wanted validation from us :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest