The Student Room Group

Lonely in London - looking for FRIENDS!

Scroll to see replies

Sounds gd to me, but weekend would be best for me as will be on placement mon to fri throughout January!
Everyone would be in the same boat though so I wouldn't worry about things being awkward! Just see it as a uni social...there's always loads of people you don't know at uni events/ socials...well that's how I look at it anyway!
Weekend sounds fine, I'm easy on when, just would be nice to get a few people together :smile:
Why dont we say Sunday 19th January?

I sort of picture us meeting somewhere for just a short time, seeing if we get on, calling it a day after a bit of talk and then deciding if we want to meet up again. I imagine when we first meet it would be pretty boring but for me the intention is to see if we get on enough to do more stuff! I do kind of want to figure out a way to make this less awkward for when we meet and inevitably run out of stuff to say so perhaps we can think of places to go after we meet if we decide we want to hang out. Really though I imagine the first meeting being more to test the waters than anything!

Does that date work for people? I know a Sunday is a bit awkward but friends have finally decided to try and meet one Saturday in January and I want to kick start my social life in London as much as possible so dont want to delay this until Feb!
Reply 23
A meet up would be awesome!
Sunday the 19th is good for me :smile: (Let's be honest, I have no friends, every day is good for me....) Where abouts are we thinking?
Seems good to me too atm! :smile:
In terms of the location and time I am tempted to think of something and send it out in PM's just so we don't get stalked by a lurker. Does Central London (Picadilly Circus/ Oxford Circus/ Leicester Square) work well for people? If we go somewhere totally central it will be safe and busy and I hope easy for us all to get to?

Hopefully some of the others who were posting here can make it too!
Sorry can we do Saturday instead? I might end up traveling for work on Sunday and it would be a same to miss this!
Reply 27
Hey I'm 21 and female and living in South West London, I'd also be up for meeting up! I don't mind PMing my fb details to other interested people to arrange a meet up :smile:
Reply 28
By the way I think the best way to have a fun and not awkward meetup would be to go for drinks early evening like around 6? In leicester square/picadilly/soho at a busy place thats also get seats for us to chill and chat. I know two great places, ones called Bourne and Hollingsworth and is this really cool underground bar that serves cocktails in teacups( you just tell the bartender what alcohol you like and he mixes up something tasty and special) or O'Neils pub near chinatown which is always busy, but loads of floors with available tables and live music. Both are awesome! Let me know what you guys think. I think if we've got a few drinks to loosen us up it'll be soooo much better :smile:
What is the intended demographics of this meeting? I may also turn up
Hey Rimoo that sounds like a pretty cool idea to me, I wasn't sure that everyone who was coming was a drinker or up for a night out. (Not everyone goes for that) but I am very keen on the idea of cocktails in tea cups! Sounds interesting! I would be quite keen to check out that place. I guess I will pm everyone from this thread in the next day or so but I am going to aim to plan this for Saturday (unless my work plans change again!)

Stormy Sea's I think everyone from every demographic is welcome. Its just a chance for people to meet one another and I guess decide if we want to meet up again!
I want to come! :smile:
Saturday seems fine to me too! PM me the final the details when they are known! :smile:
Original post by ALDNGraduate
Hey Rimoo that sounds like a pretty cool idea to me, I wasn't sure that everyone who was coming was a drinker or up for a night out. (Not everyone goes for that) but I am very keen on the idea of cocktails in tea cups! Sounds interesting! I would be quite keen to check out that place. I guess I will pm everyone from this thread in the next day or so but I am going to aim to plan this for Saturday (unless my work plans change again!)

Stormy Sea's I think everyone from every demographic is welcome. Its just a chance for people to meet one another and I guess decide if we want to meet up again!

In that case, count me in :smile:
Reply 34
meetup.com is a great site to discover different groups and interests, from photography to eating , etc.

Not sure if TSR ever organisers official meet ups?

Even though I've always lived in London I dont really hang out with my work colleagues outside work. I also find it quite hard to meet people because I dont really go out drinking.
(edited 10 years ago)
I moved to London a few weeks ago and I don't know anyone so I'm definitely up for this! Central London seems great because I live in north London and everyone else seems to live south!
Reply 36
Oooh I'm a Londoner! Might come along :biggrin:
Reply 37
I am up for meeting up as well, but I am not free until after the 10th of February due to finals.

So, is everyone up for having 2nd meet up around the middle of February?

If you want, you can PM me and I am happy to add you on FB as well, we could create a group on there?
Reply 38
Hey, is it too late to join?

I moved to London about two weeks ago to start a law conversion course (don't judge me...haha), and everyone at Uni seems to be so competitive and not as sociable as i'd first hoped.

So would definitely be up for joining in on this meet-up if you'll let me.
So is the meet up still tomo?! I think it would be a gd idea to postpone it a couple of wks til Feb, that way more people will know about it by then through this thread and there will be a bigger group of people hopefully, which would be much less awkward than if only a couple of people can make it....if that makes sense?! Let me know wt everyone decides :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending