The Student Room Group

What is my likely punishment from university? Fine + warning? Worse?

Basically, me and 2 mates got way too drunk one night, completely blacked out. We were caught on CCTV setting off the fire extinguisher, spraying the security camera then broke the fire alarm sensor with the fire extinguisher liquid. We were then caught on camera vandalising a dustbin, throwing bread crates in the quad and then all three of us were also caught picking up a picnic bench and smashing it to the ground. We have all received a fine of £71 quid each. But in the email they sent me, it said the incident was still being invested and I will hear back when term starts again in January.

Worried about whats gonna happen! Also, I've already got a written warning for too many noise complaints, just from using my speakers after 11pm.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably castration
Reply 2
Anal from the Principal
Reply 3
Original post by lewihenda
Basically, me and 2 mates got way too drunk one night, completely blacked out. We were caught on CCTV setting off the fire extinguisher, spraying the security camera then broke the fire alarm sensor with the fire extinguisher liquid. We were then caught on camera vandalising a dustbin, throwing bread crates in the quad and then all three of us were also caught picking up a picnic bench and smashing it to the ground. We have all received a fine of £71 quid each. But in the email they sent me, it said the incident was still being invested and I will hear back when term starts again in January.

Worried about whats gonna happen! Also, I've already got a written warning for too many noise complaints, just from using my speakers after 11pm.

You sound like a complete fanny so whatever it is it will be well deserved. Moron.
Are you in halls? Possible NTQ.
Reply 5
Original post by wannabeaca
Are you in halls? Possible NTQ.

yeah halls
yeah halls

You could get a Notice to Quit in that case but that'll depend on the warden and previous disciplinary hearings. You may be asked to leave halls and have your contract terminated, bear that in mind.
Reply 7
Original post by wannabeaca
You could get a Notice to Quit in that case but that'll depend on the warden and previous disciplinary hearings. You may be asked to leave halls and have your contract terminated, bear that in mind.

all the halls are on campus though!
Reply 8

That's quite a long list..
If you did one of these things, somebody could say that when young stupid things come to head, but .. you committed a whole string of offences. It's a bit too much. Why would you have done such things. Obviously, even when you or others drink you still do know what you are doing. You acted as if you were possessed. At which uni are you?

It's up to them. Your actions sound quite serious. Anyhow, you should have an SU representative that can attend any meeting with you/lodge any appeal.

You're at uni now I'm afraid, it's not school or college. Serious actions have serious consequences. These wardens are paid some serious money just to ensure all students have a safe and secure environment in which to live.
Reply 10
71 quid seems to be very small price anyway. I remember that they always charge a lot at university for any cleaning or any breaches of rules, so I am slightly surprised.

The question is : why did you act as thug ?
Secondly, maybe you should seek counselling ?

In any event, you should write a letter to the warden / whoever will be looking in your case and apologise, or better schedule a meeting and tell him how sorry you are and promise never do it again.
It would be good also if you volunteered to do some repairs or cleaning at your hall to show that you really mean it.
Reply 11
Original post by 22.
71 quid seems to be very small price anyway. I remember that they always charge a lot at university for any cleaning or any breaches of rules, so I am slightly surprised.

The question is : why did you act as thug ?
Secondly, maybe you should seek counselling ?

In any event, you should write a letter to the warden / whoever will be looking in your case and apologise, or better schedule a meeting and tell him how sorry you are and promise never do it again.
It would be good also if you volunteered to do some repairs or cleaning at your hall to show that you really mean it.

don't ask me why ive done this because i have no explanation other than alcohol. if you had of told me id do such things at uni i wouldnt believe you! still to this day i have no memory of doing these things.
Original post by Stephen857
You sound like a complete fanny so whatever it is it will be well deserved. Moron.

This.
Reply 13
don't ask me why ive done this because i have no explanation other than alcohol. if you had of told me id do such things at uni i wouldnt believe you! still to this day i have no memory of doing these things.

Ok..
We all do stupid things while in the first year of university.
Now, you did that, the question is : how are you going to deal with it.
First thing you should do is write the aplogy - and preferably schedule a meeting with the warden or the person who will be looking into your case.

Then - ask yourself if you plan to continue drinking at all or just stick to maybe 1 or 2 glasses per evening and I mean really stick to it if you cannot handle it ?
Damn. That's a lot of offences. I'm surprised that they have only fined you £71 each. I have no idea what your punishment will be, but I wish you luck, OP.
Reply 15
Original post by 22.
Ok..
We all do stupid things while in the first year of university.
Now, you did that, the question is : how are you going to deal with it.
First thing you should do is write the aplogy - and preferably schedule a meeting with the warden or the person who will be looking into your case.

Then - ask yourself if you plan to continue drinking at all or just stick to maybe 1 or 2 glasses per evening and I mean really stick to it if you cannot handle it ?

yeah I've learn't a big lesson from this. Worked out that we had consumed around 40 units per person that night.
Reply 16
yeah I've learn't a big lesson from this. Worked out that we had consumed around 40 units per person that night.

Only future will show if you have.
Concentrate now on how you can mitigate the consequences and work on yourself.
You should be sent to the nights watch

They can still kick you out of halls.

You did some very silly things and will have to live with the consequences. I'm surprised that they've only fined you £71 - do you have a hefty deposit that their also deducting from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd prepare to redo your UCAS personally if it was me I'd expect to be kicked out of halls maybe even uni

Quick Reply

Latest