The Student Room Group

Birkbeck, University of London (2014 Start)

Hey

I'm going to be starting at Birkbeck in the autumn of 2014 and was wondering if anyone else was?

I'll be doing the BA in Global Politics and International Relations - full time.

Thanks!
James

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I have an unconditional offer to study History full time. Just waiting to hear back from 3 of my choices but I'm about 95% certain I'll be going to Birkbeck.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm still waiting for them to get back. I've sent the application on the 12th of January to study Financial Economics.
How long did it take for you to receive the answer?
Reply 3
I sent off my application on 11th Jan and received a response 17th Jan
Did you apply through UCAS?
Reply 5
I did apply through UCAS but as I already have all my exam results this might explain why they got back to me so quickly.
So do I. I should receive the answer this week then. Hopefully. :smile:
Received an unconditional offer!
Reply 8
Original post by Mark La Rosa
Received an unconditional offer!

Well done you! Where else have you applied and have you got any offers from them?
Original post by Medea87
Well done you! Where else have you applied and have you got any offers from them?

Just Birkbeck, because I have a full time job and I can only study in the evening. I'm going to accept this offer right away!
I have an unconditional offer to study Philosophy full time - still waiting on my other offers but every chance I shall be there come.September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ockhamsshotgun
I have an unconditional offer to study Philosophy full time - still waiting on my other offers but every chance I shall be there come.September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great man! Congrats!
Reply 12
Have my interview for Diploma in Law :smile:

I hope it goes well! :erm:
Original post by Mark La Rosa
That's great man! Congrats!

Much appreciated. Plus learning in the evenings would suit my owlish nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey guys how's it going? Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys in October as I got my unconditional offer tonight! !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Congrats on the offers guys :smile: I've got an unconditional offer from them for Biomedicine. I really like Birkbeck, but am still waiting on a few other uni's. Where else have you guys applied?
Reply 16
Original post by Kimie_9
Congrats on the offers guys :smile: I've got an unconditional offer from them for Biomedicine. I really like Birkbeck, but am still waiting on a few other uni's. Where else have you guys applied?

In addition to Birkbeck for which I have an unconditional I've applied to Aberdeen, Goldsmiths, Queen Mary UL and Westminster.
I've had a rejection from Goldsmiths. Other than that Queen Mary have asked for additional information which I supplied, and I've decided even if I get an offer I'm not going to Westminster. So really just waiting for Aberdeen and QMUL.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Medea87
In addition to Birkbeck for which I have an unconditional I've applied to Aberdeen, Goldsmiths, Queen Mary UL and Westminster.
I've had a rejection from Goldsmiths. Other than that Queen Mary have asked for additional information which I supplied, and I've decided even if I get an offer I'm not going to Westminster. So really just waiting for Aberdeen and QMUL.

Oh cool. I've also applied to Queen Mary but haven't heard anything. My others are KCL and City, but once again not heard a thing lol starting to get impatient haha :smile:

So is Birkbeck your favourite or would you firm one of the others if you get an offer?
Reply 18
Original post by Kimie_9

I accepted my offer from Birkbeck but I also applied to Keele , Kent, Southampton Solent and Birmingham City

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Kimie_9

So is Birkbeck your favourite or would you firm one of the others if you get an offer?

I was set on Birkbeck however if I get offers from QMUL or Aberdeen I have to take them seriously, particularly Aberdeen as the course looks really diverse and interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending