The Student Room Group

Watford Grammar Girls School

Hey TSR,

Just wondering if anyone's applied to this sixth form?

I received an interview letter, so happy :biggrin: - have any of you received letters too? :smile:

Well just thought I'd make a post for prospective students and ask students that already attend to find out more! :smile:

Also, my letter says "continue with free post 16 education". I was always under the impression you paid to go to the sixth form, is that not the case?

Thankss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by Annettee
Hey TSR,

Just wondering if anyone's applied to this sixth form?

I received an interview letter, so happy :biggrin: - have any of you received letters too? :smile:

Well just thought I'd make a post for prospective students and ask students that already attend to find out more! :smile:

Also, my letter says "continue with free post 16 education". I was always under the impression you paid to go to the sixth form, is that not the case?

Thankss

Watford Grammar has always been a state school but you will have to pay for uniform e.c.t. Good luck with your interview, I remember at mine a few years ago they really tested my love of subjects- no guarentee it will be the same as this was back in 08 but as my no1 subject was History they asked 'who was more evil, Stalin or Hitler.' I wasn't expecting that and I'm rubbish at thinking on the spot so fell down there.
Reply 3
I go here, and it doesn't cost to go but they do ask for a donation every month of £35, and like you have to buy uniforms and equipment for lessons but otherwise its free :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Taffa
I go here, and it doesn't cost to go but they do ask for a donation every month of £35, and like you have to buy uniforms and equipment for lessons but otherwise its free :smile:

Is it compulsory to pay the donation?
Reply 5
No it isn't. Although my parents do pay the £35 every month for each of us children that go. Most of my friends do not pay. So you don't have to
I applied for WGGS and received a conditional offer in December, I really hope you have received it too ^_^ If my grades are met I think I will go there.
Can I ask how your exams went and what subjects you are taking if you go to WGGS in September? >:-<
Reply 7
Hey, I got a conditional offer also :awesome:. So cool! My exams are going well, I'm on a two week break and then I resume to do maths and the rest of science. I plan to do biology, chemistry, psychology and pe. What about you? :wink:
Hey, I got a conditional offer also :awesome:. So cool! My exams are going well, I'm on a two week break and then I resume to do maths and the rest of science. I plan to do biology, chemistry, psychology and pe. What about you? :wink:

That's glad to hear. :wink: My exams except Geography went well becuase I was stressed and had a mental block. :frown: Geo is my main chosen subject to study next year so I am really worried of not getting a good grade.
Your subjects are in a good combination! I plan to do Further maths, Economics, Geography and Sociology.
I will also need to do my science after the half term. I hope you have a good revision and relaxiation & good luck with all your exams!! ;p
Reply 9
Original post by summerbreeze1011
That's glad to hear. :wink: My exams except Geography went well becuase I was stressed and had a mental block. :frown: Geo is my main chosen subject to study next year so I am really worried of not getting a good grade.
Your subjects are in a good combination! I plan to do Further maths, Economics, Geography and Sociology.
I will also need to do my science after the half term. I hope you have a good revision and relaxiation & good luck with all your exams!! ;p

That is exactly what happened to me regarding geography! I know I didn't do as well as I shwould, but I personally have never liked it :hmmm: Good luck with revision though, you'll do great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm so so late to this chat but i currently go to wggs and i'm hoping to go into the sixth form in september, i thought that it would be nice to know some people :smile:
Oh hi guys I was looking for a chat like this!

I was interviewed by the head of sixth form (think she had short hair) and she told me at the end of the interview that I had gotten in and I got my letter a few days afterwards.

I'm sort of excited as it's a big change, nervous because I don't think many people from my school are going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey! i'm kind of excited to meet all the new people from other schools (nervous too)! what subjects are you taking?
Original post by Katie5SOS
hey! i'm kind of excited to meet all the new people from other schools (nervous too)! what subjects are you taking?

I'm taking chemistry, economics, maths and biology. Although I really want to change the biology to chemistry, they're saying I must wait until after results day :/ do people change at your school often? I was thinking that physics is probably less popular therefore it must be easier to swap to that than say vice versa.

You guys have been there for years so is it easy for new girls coming in to make friends. Do you know how many new girls come in compared to the students already there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey guys, wow it would be so nice to know people before going;slightly less nerve wracking :biggrin:
I have a conditional offer for wggs, but I'm still contemplating whether to stay at my current school :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superdarklord
I'm taking chemistry, economics, maths and biology. Although I really want to change the biology to chemistry, they're saying I must wait until after results day :/ do people change at your school often? I was thinking that physics is probably less popular therefore it must be easier to swap to that than say vice versa.

You guys have been there for years so is it easy for new girls coming in to make friends. Do you know how many new girls come in compared to the students already there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

a lot of people swap because everyone is so indecisive haha, i'm thinking about changing classics to geography (im doing biology, psychology, photography and classics/geography). i think the majority of people are staying but i know quite a few who are leaving. i think you'll be able to make friends easily tbh, i know i want to make new friends and so do a lot of other people i know :smile:
Hey guys, wow it would be so nice to know people before going;slightly less nerve wracking :biggrin:
I have a conditional offer for wggs, but I'm still contemplating whether to stay at my current school :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk what your current school is like, or what you've heard about wggs, but it is a good school. you get loads of pressure put on you around exams (but this makes you do better) and generally you dont get a lot of homework, you usually get a lot in the first few weeks but it quickly tapers off :smile: also the majority of the teachers are good which helps
Reply 17
idk what your current school is like, or what you've heard about wggs, but it is a good school. you get loads of pressure put on you around exams (but this makes you do better) and generally you dont get a lot of homework, you usually get a lot in the first few weeks but it quickly tapers off :smile: also the majority of the teachers are good which helps

I know wggs is a great school and there are loads of opportunities etc. Just sad to leave my school, but I probably will end up coming to wggs. How are the girls like, is it like bitchy and drama ish, cause its all girls :s And do you know about the sporting teams, cause I'll definitely be joining near to all of them :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know wggs is a great school and there are loads of opportunities etc. Just sad to leave my school, but I probably will end up coming to wggs. How are the girls like, is it like bitchy and drama ish, cause its all girls :s And do you know about the sporting teams, cause I'll definitely be joining near to all of them :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

there are loads of sports teams (the obvious ones such as hockey, football, swimming and netball, and also athletics teams, cross country, table tennis etc) so you should be good there. the girls are fine, once you've found a friendship group - which probably wont take long - its fine. theres obviously a bit of drama etc but it is normally just between a few people. apparently theres arguments between upper and lower sixth but i havent witnessed any first hand so i cant say for sure
there are loads of sports teams (the obvious ones such as hockey, football, swimming and netball, and also athletics teams, cross country, table tennis etc) so you should be good there. the girls are fine, once you've found a friendship group - which probably wont take long - its fine. theres obviously a bit of drama etc but it is normally just between a few people. apparently theres arguments between upper and lower sixth but i havent witnessed any first hand so i cant say for sure

What do you guys mainly do at lunchtime, how is the food and stuff? Also do you do much with the boys' school because it's really different going from a mixed to single sex and I have lots of guy friends so I'm really apprehensive about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending