The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"My fenders don't really whip me into a verbal frenzy"

Try talking to people you have something in common with. I'm not interested in football, so if someone spoke to me about football I'd be pretty damn boring. Get me talking about Shakespeare and you can't shut me up. Depends on the topic and the person.
I tried having intellectual and political conversations with some guys and all they said was "Yeah that's all fine but can we get together tonight?"

Why are all boys so stupid and horny?

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by nohomo
Before the feminists rush in, he's right, and most boys are boring to talk to as well.

True, I'd say I'm not boring if you can get a conversation with me about something I'm passionate about. But otherwise I won't bother. I guess it's the same with girls.

Maybe I just don't connect, I generally have more male like interests and not unisex interests. I don't like shopping and paying excess money for clothing, I can't talk about alcohol all day, especially since I don't even like the stuff anymore it's just boring for me.

I get OP's frustrations, but I think it takes two to tango.
Reply 23
Maybe because a fruitful conversation does look like:

1: Hey
2: Hi
1: U ok?
2: Yeah
1: Lol cool
1; Wuu2
2: nm
1: lol k
Original post by bammy jastard 27
True, I'd say I'm not boring if you can get a conversation with me about something I'm passionate about. But otherwise I won't bother. I guess it's the same with girls.

Maybe I just don't connect, I generally have more male like interests and not unisex interests. I don't like shopping and paying excess money for clothing, I can't talk about alcohol all day, especially since I don't even like the stuff anymore it's just boring for me.

I get OP's frustrations, but I think it takes two to tango.

Male interests being what exactly?
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

Try talking to people you have something in common with. I'm not interested in football, so if someone spoke to me about football I'd be pretty damn boring. Get me talking about Shakespeare and you can't shut me up. Depends on the topic and the person.

We're trying to make out like we're NOT boring, hun :cool:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
We're trying to make out like we're NOT boring, hun :cool:

That was way harsh, Tai. It's subjective. What would you talk about?
That was way harsh, Tai. It's subjective. What would you talk about?

Who?

So.................... what do you think of othello ? ? :P
Who?

Hahahaha, oh dear, hun.
Hahahaha, oh dear, hun.

Why is everyone so touchy on here, it was just a light-hearted ribbing.
Original post by ConsiderScience
So.................... what do you think of othello ? ? :P

It has my favourite stage direction ever. I know everyone loves "Exit, pursued by a bear" from A Winter's Tale, but there's a bit in Othello that's not even dialogue where it just says "Iago offers to stab his wife". Not threatens, offers. It cracks me up. Not my favourite play though. What about you?

I love you for the 90s movie quotes and also because you speak the truth.

:tongue: Have you seen Clueless?

She was quoting thiiis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l7S1hnRPF0
Original post by lizlaz350
I love you for the 90s movie quotes and also because you speak the truth.

:biggrin: Thanks! 90's films have some absolute gems when it comes to quotes.
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous
Also girls, why don't you bother to be more interesting and just leave everything up to the guy?

Maybe we're fed up of talking to guys who make massive generalizations about us all the time.
Or maybe you're the boring one and girls are literally falling asleep at your words.
Or maybe you're picking really stupid girls to talk to.
It has my favourite stage direction ever. I know everyone loves "Exit, pursued by a bear" from A Winter's Tale, but there's a bit in Othello that's not even dialogue where it just says "Iago offers to stab his wife". Not threatens, offers. It cracks me up. Not my favourite play though. What about you?

Yeah i thought it was cool, i like the way Iago's character is written, i said he has psychopathy in my coursework lol.

Anyone i believe this may be going off topic. Totally not my fault.
:tongue: Have you seen Clueless?

Oh, you were lampooning me. It was a simple lampoon.

I actually have seen it. Shame on me for not getting that.
Oh, you were lampooning me. It was a simple lampoon.

I actually have seen it. Shame on me for not getting that.

I think I'm coming across as bitchy, it wasn't intended like that. I just like film quotes. It was either that or this.

Also, loving lampoon.

Latest

Trending

Trending