The Student Room Group

anyone else noticed that when people receive offers...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah I've noticed people are missing off the trents/hallams/mets, not sure if it's on purpose or not though
Reply 61
Original post by AreebWithaHat
because the idiots don't want to admit they go to hallam, it sounds better when they say only sheffield

was talking to some guy on the train today. he asked me what i study, i said medicine. he said is that at hallam? i told him don't be silly, hallam is where the retards go. he replied but i go to hallam. awks

Great story by the way...

...but why did you have to say "Hallam is where the retards go"? Not only is "retard" a really cruel word to say, you're a future medical Doctor who people should look up to with respect. Instead, you made yourself look like a right fool. You sound quite arrogant to be quite honest.
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
Some people on here are awful. Yes you may have worked hard to get in to a RG uni, well done to you. Has it ever crossed your mind that people work equally as hard to get in to universities like Anglia Ruskin or Hallam. They might not be 'the best' universities but why do you actually care? The amount of arrogance on here is incredible, if you want to go to university and study something you love then that's great. Whether it be at Cambridge or Ruskin, you're studying something you love and enjoying yourself so why does it matter what anyone else is doing?

I agree, people on this website are just care far too much about which universities others go to. It 's like unless you go to a RG university, people assume you've never done a decent days work in your life :rolleyes:
Reply 63
A lot of the time its just because its easy to say "I'm going to university in Nottingham", rather than saying I'm going to Nottingham Trent university( and expecting people to know what that is). Why? because the average person on Facebook wont know the difference so adding the "Trent" bit wont actually make a difference lol. If it was a university like Oxford/ Cambridge where the average person knows is the best(reputation wise) then i think it is a bit odd saying you have a place there when actually its at brooks(which is a decent uni). At the end of the day, the people who know them should have a rough idea of what universities they applied to anyway so it would only be people they don't know who would be querying it. Why would you care what those people think?
Original post by AnharM
Great story by the way...

...but why did you have to say "Hallam is where the retards go"? Not only is "retard" a really cruel word to say, you're a future medical Doctor who people should look up to with respect. Instead, you made yourself look like a right fool. You sound quite arrogant to be quite honest.

am i now? :wink:

i troll tsr all the time, my own parents were on benefits for a long time. i come from humble beginnings. i am not arrogant at all.

i just like to see people get pissed off.

i troll tsr all the time, my own parents were on benefits for a long time. i come from humble beginnings. i am not arrogant at all.

You seem to think since 'you've started from the bottom' you can say what you want and not sound arrogant.

*insert reality check here*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
People do this with a lot of Unis, eg saying 'University in Canterbury' - rather than just saying Canterbury Christchurch, they like people to assume they mean the University of Kent's Canterbury campus. Maybe they are just to lazy to type the whole of it haha
Original post by munchen102
You seem to think since 'you've started from the bottom' you can say what you want and not sound arrogant.

*insert reality check here*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok lol. i will just be arrogant then since ppl think i am anyway. no point hiding it. i love how much respect i get from being a doc, i feel better than everyone else, girls find it hot blah blah blah

You are skating on exceedingly thin ice.
Original post by Origami Bullets
You are skating on exceedingly thin ice.

sorry man
Reply 70
One not mentioned here is when I say I've applied for Newcastle and people go 'Northumbria or actual Newcastle?'
Reply 71
because the idiots don't want to admit they go to hallam, it sounds better when they say only sheffield

was talking to some guy on the train today. he asked me what i study, i said medicine. he said is that at hallam? i told him don't be silly, hallam is where the retards go. he replied but i go to hallam. awks

Did you also tell him you're a ****? :rolleyes: I wish admissions tutors would do more to filter out pompous pricks like you; the medical profession doesn't need any more people such as yourself.
(edited 10 years ago)
ok lol. i will just be arrogant then since ppl think i am anyway. no point hiding it. i love how much respect i get from being a doc, i feel better than everyone else, girls find it hot blah blah blah

I certainly wouldn't want you to be my doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LukeyJB
Did you also tell him you're a ****? :rolleyes:

no he worked that out already
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by munchen102
I certainly wouldn't want you to be my doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile

funny thing is i'm actually one of the top in my year. my communications skills get praised by patients all the time.
Reply 75
no he worked that out already

Are you sure he's bright enough to work that out for himself? ?
Original post by LukeyJB
Are you sure he's bright enough to work that out for himself? ?

i dunno. he was doing geography. i might have to help him out
Reply 77
i dunno. he was doing geography. i might have to help him out

What do you think of those who don't quite make it to a 'better' university because they messed up their A-levels for whatever reason, yet excel during in their undergraduate degree and then go on to postgraduate study at one of these 'better' institutions?
Original post by LukeyJB
What do you think of those who don't quite make it to a 'better' university because they messed up their A-levels for whatever reason, yet excel during in their undergraduate degree and then go on to postgraduate study at one of these 'better' institutions?

well excelling at a less rigorous uni is nothing special. one of my friends does biomed or something and the level of detail they study is a bit embarrassing tbh. they would come average if doing a proper degree. getting onto a postgraduate isn't anything special either.
Reply 79
well excelling at a less rigorous uni is nothing special. one of my friends does biomed or something and the level of detail they study is a bit embarrassing tbh. they would come average if doing a proper degree. getting onto a postgraduate isn't anything special either.

Your parents must be so proud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending