The Student Room Group

How to not let b*tching destroy my life??!?!

I'm a 17 year old girl and my teenage years have been hell for the most part. I'm a quiet caring girl but in 3 schools I have been the victim of intense b*tching. In my first school, every lunchtime every day I would eat my sandwiches in the toilet cubicle crying my eyes out. In my second school it got so bad I had to leave school 1/4 through because I fell into a severe depression. Now I've made some friends but today I couldn't handle it all. I completely lost it. I ran into my room in tears chucking items at the walls kicking my legs hard against the cupboard and table. I've wrecked my room practically.

It's made me go crazy. And to add to that the pressure of doing well in school. Every comment made about me replays on a loop in my mind and I get more worked up about it. I over-analyse every single glance I get. Even if it's not b*tching about me, whenever I hear other people b*tching about others I feel paranoid and sad.

I've tried to fake that 'IDGAF' attitude and maybe it works for a few hours in school, but later on my mind will start thinking about everything and I end up getting all upset.

I'm currently seeing a counsellor 1x a fortnight. I attempted to take my own life 2x. Why does it destroy me so much? Please how can I be normal and happy
HSP
PMed :smile:
what do you mean by bitching when girls slag you off behind your back I dunno what to suggest really.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've tried to fake that 'IDGAF' attitude and maybe it works for a few hours in school, but later on my mind will start thinking about everything and I end up getting all upset.

You can't just fake it, you need to actually become ONE with it. Embrace the attitude. Think of it logically if that will help you get there: what exactly does it matter really what people say? Does it really change anything real? What do their words do in reality? Nothing!

You don't need everyone to like you in life. Nobody is always liked, or liked by everyone.

You must be stoic and thick-skinned. Be able to take criticisms but don't take meaningless slander to heart.
Reply 5
Original post by Guy Secretan
what do you mean by bitching when girls slag you off behind your back I dunno what to suggest really.

I've always wondered this about you - are you actually a doctor? Cause you seem really thick.
Original post by Piko_Piko
I've always wondered this about you - are you actually a doctor? Cause you seem really thick.

hey no need to get nasty in what other posts have I seemed thick? also it's a perfectly reasonable question she could mean like genuine hardcore bullying or people just saying she looks fat.
Reply 7
I'm very sensitive to criticism too and I take anti-depressants as they provide a kind of mental shield against it all

Things still get to me but don't affect me as much as if I wasn't on the medication

It does have a flattening effect on your emotions though ie while you don't get too low you don't get the overt highs either so life can feel a bit dull sometimes :frown:

at least my mood is relatively stable though, which is the main thing as far as I'm concerned

It works for me but everyone's different
Reply 8
hey no need to get nasty in what other posts have I seemed thick? also it's a perfectly reasonable question she could mean like genuine hardcore bullying or people just saying she looks fat.

I notice you're dodging the question.

I am relieved that you do not in fact have such a responsible job. :smile:

PS. It's every single one. The stupidity and lack of correct punctuation in every single one of your posts just staggers me.
Reply 9
message me if you want to talk OP :smile:
haha it makes you laugh that you probably think I care what you think also I am actually training to be a doctor so do one. Also Guy Secretan is a character from a well known tv program.

I know who Guy Secretan is. Your avatar isn't what I'm objecting to. :confused:
Nasty conversation in a sensitive thread about bitching???
Reply 12
One of my 'so called' friends was b*tching about me today, and everyone ignored me in a group convo even though they had all seen it. Life just continues to be **** for me and I'm tired I give up.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending