The Student Room Group

Don't feel appreciated by boyfriend? Anyone else?

I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year and a half. When we were first going out, he was lovely; really caring and attentive.
Now I feel like the spark has gone. Whenever I try to talk to him about a problem he seems to just get really irritated. He's always on his phone. I mean always. He never surprises me with little treats or notes anymore. We never hold hands or cuddle unless I instigate it.
I've tried talking to him about it before, and what usually happens is he's great for a few days after, and then goes back to normal.
Idk what to do anymore... :frown:
You're not gonna break up with him so get used to it...some men aren't as affectionate.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year and a half. When we were first going out, he was lovely; really caring and attentive.
Now I feel like the spark has gone. Whenever I try to talk to him about a problem he seems to just get really irritated. He's always on his phone. I mean always. He never surprises me with little treats or notes anymore. We never hold hands or cuddle unless I instigate it.
I've tried talking to him about it before, and what usually happens is he's great for a few days after, and then goes back to normal.
Idk what to do anymore... :frown:

The initial excitement you get when you first get into a relationship unfortunately never lasts!:smile: I understand where you're coming from completely as I have felt exactly the same in the past.

How often do you see each other each week? And for how long when you see each other? Because from my experience I found that we probably spent a bit too much time together.

I've been with my boyfriend for three and a half years now:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's always on his phone? That's just rude :frown:

I think you just have to tell him you're not happy, and then make your decision: stay or dump. Do you still like him?
There is nothing you can do apart from either putting up with it or finding another man.

You cannot change him.
Break up, quick and simple.
Firstly, it's normal for things not to be as full on once the "honeymoon period" is over.

I went through this with my partner after a year and a half, and then had to take some time to adapt to our new relationship stage. Once we got through that it was great.

But you need to talk to your boyfriend about your issues.

Ask him whether he could put his phone down and spend some time with you. Ask him why he never instigates anything!

It may be that he's just started to take you for granted, which is common. But it might also be that now that you're out of the honeymoon period you're not really suited for the long term. That might also be something that you have to face.
Reply 7
Original post by Maid Marian
He's always on his phone? That's just rude :frown:

I think you just have to tell him you're not happy, and then make your decision: stay or dump. Do you still like him?

He is always on TSR babe
Reply 8
Original post by Herrington_x
The initial excitement you get when you first get into a relationship unfortunately never lasts!:smile: I understand where you're coming from completely as I have felt exactly the same in the past.

How often do you see each other each week? And for how long when you see each other? Because from my experience I found that we probably spent a bit too much time together.

I've been with my boyfriend for three and a half years now:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think maybe we see each other too often!
Thank you for the advice :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Break up, quick and simple.

Really?!
Original post by thatrollingstone
There is nothing you can do apart from either putting up with it or finding another man.

You cannot change him.

^ really?!
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I think maybe we see each other too often!
Thank you for the advice :smile:

No problem:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending