The Student Room Group

Rubbish badges

From failed Nandos competitor (Bari), to some sort of badly drawn fez perhaps (eastbourne borough) there are some terrible badges out there, but which is the worst one? For me it has to be the aforementioned Fez thing:

Looks like something from a primary school art class...

Scroll to see replies

:laugh: looks like a ****ing cartoon.
This is just ugly!

Original post by Wilfred Little

:rofl2:
Aston-Villa.jpg

Fake Manu badge

The Bangladeshi champions.
Original post by Woahmypenisisbig
Aston-Villa.jpg

Fake Manu badge

I know you're trolling but someone on here will probably believe you so... we were the first club to have that on our crest and it goes way back to the 1800's.

Man U's crest in the 70's - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/f/f9/20100107010021!Manchester_United_Badge_1960s-1973.png

They pinched it off us if anything (which they didn't, but we were first), and the idea for it came from Salford City Reds as their nickname is The Red Devils.
Oldham. Would be more suitable for Hogwarts than a founder member of the Premier League.

Spoiler

Bari. Twinned with Nandos?

Spoiler

Newell's Old Boys. Nothing to be said.

Spoiler

Hereford. That poor cow looks upset, or grumpy.

Spoiler

Barnsley. I know they don't have an illustrious history, but a cartoon bulldog? Come on.

Spoiler

Original post by sr90
Newell's Old Boys. Nothing to be said.

Spoiler

That reminds me of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportivo_****a#Outside_football

Full name Club Deportivo ****a
Nickname(s) "Los ****eros"

:biggrin:

Their crest is crap too.

EDIT - I can't post it, will get banned for avoiding the swear filter. The club name is Deportivo Banka but starts with a W not a B on the 2nd word.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little

Have to admit I hate the new badge for a number of reasons. 1)Blue is in it for the first time...2)Looks soulless and corporate 3)Cannon facing the wrong way.

Think there's only two options for an A.F.C badge

1)A version of the Art-Deco classic, gives a flavour of Highbury.

2) Simply a cannon. Very understated, very classy. Very Arsenal

---

Alternatively if we're feeling a bit egotistical then just throw a gold version on the shirts to go with our solid gold invincibles EPL trophy innit.

:cool:
This is my new favourite thread ever.

Noordwijk have semen on their badge, butt of many many jokes in Holland.
Original post by Zürich
2) Simply a cannon. Very understated, very classy. Very Arsenal

---

That is what I was gonna suggest, except without the cannon balls. 2nd row on the left - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LeeJH/Crests.png That looks smart.

That first one you posted looks **** imo. I've never liked the letters overlapping each other (Rangers, Real Madrid, Blues even had it one year).

Considering some of the new ones coming out now (your cartoon corporate one, Man U's minus the 'football club', Everton's current monstrosity and Man City's with the infamous three stars that commemorate no actual achievement*) we could do a lot worse than our current one. Still has 'FC' on it and is just an updated version of an old (1923) crest anyway.

*Seriously. They were included to give the crest a more 'continental' feel.
Fulham's is absolutely terrible. They had a lovely old fashioned one before they got promoted.
Reply 15
Not the worst, but probably the biggest ****up. Went from left to right last season:

Changing it again next year due to pressure from fans.
This thread should be renamed "which football team don't you support".
Cardiff City have to be up there. Crest is awful...
Reply 18
Original post by sr90

Hereford. That poor cow looks upset, or grumpy.

Spoiler

If your face had to be on the Hereford kit you too would be upset and grumpy. The poor thing, but it's a bull not a cow.

Estoril - Something that was created on paint.
420px-GD_Estoril_Praia.svg.png

Surely Columbus Crew are worth a shout too?
58811383712094813665.png
Reply 19

Total rip-off of NUFC's. The Lion's look visibly pained as well.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest