The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Combined Honours in Arts

Hey, I'm in year 12 and was just wondering about the Combined Honours in Arts course. Is it the case that you can just study two subjects (eg Classics and English) the whole way through the degree and receive your actual degree in those two subject as opposed to being awarded a degree in Combined Honours in Arts?
Reply 1
Original post by flopsybunnybell
Hey, I'm in year 12 and was just wondering about the Combined Honours in Arts course. Is it the case that you can just study two subjects (eg Classics and English) the whole way through the degree and receive your actual degree in those two subject as opposed to being awarded a degree in Combined Honours in Arts?

As far as I'm aware you have the flexibility to choose modules from the arts and humanities department, but you need to chose a specific pathway. My friend is doing the combined arts with Anthropology and English, although she wanted to choose Education and Psychology modules, she was told that she couldn't as she needed to chose a certain pathway. I think you can mix within the arts (theology, classics etc) as long as you keep to the arts modules. If you have any queries, contact the department mid September to check and verify what you can and can't do.

Your degree would be in combined arts and majoring in one and minoring in the other.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Okay, thank you for the clarification!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest