The Student Room Group

Sussex vs Reading for Marketing

Hey, I wondered if anyone could give some advice on which course is more appealing to future employers. I have applied for 'Marketing and Management' at Sussex and 'Consumer behaviour and Marketing' at Reading both with Placement years.

I love both campuses and the areas they are in but I'm torn between which degree would be more affective when job hunting after uni.

I wondered if anyone could shed some guidance or if there is anyone out there who have done similar degrees who could tell me there experiences?
Thank you to anyone who is able to reply
SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at the courses in detail - including all the optional units on offer for each of the three years of the course.

The Sussex course is known to be heavy on statistics - so think about your enthusiasm and ability re. maths.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
Look at the courses in detail - including all the optional units on offer for each of the three years of the course.

The Sussex course is known to be heavy on statistics - so think about your enthusiasm and ability re. maths.

I've looked at all units in detail and find both extremely interesting (main reason why I'm torn lol) the only issue I have with maths is the algebraic aspect which isn't involved. I'm. Currently dealing with a large amount of statistics in my psychology a2 which I'm doing surprisingly well at :smile:

I know I want to pursue a career in marketing after university and I'm stressing over which course would be the most attractive to future employers?
Ideally I'd like to work in retail marketing so would the added focus of management give me more of an edge to an employer or the additional understanding of consumer behaviour?

Thanks again for anyone who could help answer my 21 questions lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending